Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, if you’re looking for Pastry cheese straws recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Pastry cheese straws recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pastry cheese straws recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to adopt a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make a few minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
The first change to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? A superb healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, try mixing in fresh fruits that can provide other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Obviously, it’s not hard to start incorporating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to pastry cheese straws recipe. You can cook pastry cheese straws using 5 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Pastry cheese straws:
- Use of straws.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Gruyere cheese, may substitute.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 2 of sheets of thawed prepared puff pastry.
- Get 1 of egg, beaten.
Steps to make Pastry cheese straws:
- On lightly floured surface, roll one sheet of pastry out to about 14" x 12"..
- Brush surface with beaten egg..
- Roll out 2nd pastry to same size..
- Sprinkle cheese on top of pastry with egg mixture leaving 1/8" of edges clear..
- Sprinkle garlic powder lightly over cheese. Top with second pastry sheet..
- Roll lightly to press sheets together. Then cut pastry with the back of a knife or pizza wheel ,cross length into 24 1/2 " strips..
- Twist each strip as you then place on a parchment lined baking tray..
- Bake in a preheated 400°F oven for 15-25 minutes. Remove when golden brown..
If you find this Pastry cheese straws recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.