Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Malay Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Malay Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Goodies.
Healthy eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. We have a tendency to feel way less gross whenever we increase our daily allowance of wholesome foods and lower our consumption of unhealthy foods. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a piece of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be tough if it is snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for an ideal snack foods to help you feel healthy. Here are some healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
If you’re not allergic to nuts, try consuming some almonds! Almonds have a multitude of health advantages and are an excellent choice when you really need a shot of energy. These types of nuts contain plenty of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. Tryptophan, an enzyme also present in turkey that triggers drowsiness, is present in almonds. But whenever you eat almonds, you do not feel like you need to sleep a while. These nuts unwind the muscles and provide a general sense of peace. Your emotional state can often be lifted simply by eating almonds.
A large assortment of easy health snacks is easily available. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to malay fish curry recipe. To cook malay fish curry you only need 23 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Malay Fish Curry:
- Get of Halba Campur (Thalippu Spice Blend) recipe;.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Use 1 tsp of Fenugreek.
- Take 1 tsp of Fennel Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Cumin Seeds.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Black Gram (Ulunthu).
- Provide of Main Ingredients;.
- Use 130 g of Sea bass fillet (mackerel is good too).
- Use 2 Tbsp of Curry Powder (see Malay Chicken Curry).
- You need 1 Tbsp of Halba Campur.
- Provide 20 g of Shallots (finely chopped).
- Provide 10 g of Garlic (finely chopped).
- Use 20 g of Ginger (finely chopped).
- Get 6 of curry leaves.
- Provide 100 g of Potatoes (slice).
- Use 100 g of Tomatoes (diced).
- Take 2 pc of Tamarind slices.
- Get 1/2 cup of Coconut milk.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Water.
- Get 2 tsp of Sugar.
- Get 1 tsp of Salt.
- Take 3 Tbsp of Cooking Oil.
- You need 1 Stalk of Spring Onion (for Garnish).
Steps to make Malay Fish Curry:
- In a wok heat cooking oil on high heat. Fry the Halba Campur spice blend until fragrant. Then add the shallots, garlic and ginger and fry these until fragrant. Then add the curry powder and mix well until that is fragrant..
- Next add the tomatoes and potatoes and fry for 1 minute. After that, add 1/2 cup of water and cover with a lid. Let it stew for 5 minutes while stirring every 1 minute..
- Next turn down the heat to low heat. Add in the coconut milk, tamarind slices, curry leaves, sugar, salt and then mix well. Add in the fish and cover with lid for 5 minutes. Serve on a plate and garnish with spring onions..
- COMMENTARY; Black Gram that you use for this is the processed one and it is white in color. The Malay name for it is Halba Putih (White Fenugreek) which is wrong. You can substitute Black Gram with Nigella Seeds (Black Carraway) and this spice blend recipe is called Panch Phoron that is used in Northeast India (Bengal, Nepal).
If you find this Malay Fish Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.