Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Minestrone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Minestrone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are a number of reasons for doing this. There are a number of illnesses associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a terrible way. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our everyday eating habits.
These changes can be done with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It can also be healthy for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. If you presently consume lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still contain almost all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to minestrone soup recipe. To cook minestrone soup you only need 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Minestrone Soup:
- Provide 1/2 of yellow onion, diced.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, minced.
- Get 1 of large rib celery, sliced.
- Get 1 of medium carrot, diced.
- Use 2 tsp of dried basil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried thyme.
- Take 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- Provide 32 oz of diced tomatoes (2 cans).
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Take 5 cups of chicken broth.
- Provide 1 of bay leaf.
- Take 1 can of red kidney beans, rinsed and drained.
- You need 1 can of cannellini or great northern beans, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of ditalini pasta.
- Take 1 of medium zucchini, sliced.
- Get 1-2 cups of baby spinach.
- Prepare to taste of Kosher salt and pepper.
Steps to make Minestrone Soup:
- Heat olive oil in a heavy soup pot or Dutch oven. Add onion, garlic, carrots, and celery. Saute several minutes until vegetables are softened..
- Add basil, oregano, and thyme. Saute for additional minute..
- Add diced tomatoes, bay leaf, chicken broth, kidney beans, and cannellini beans..
- Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer for 25 minutes..
- Stir in dry pasta and zucchini, and cook for an additional 10 minutes until pasta is al dente. Add spinach and wilt for 1 minute..
- Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper. Can be served immediately or kept covered in the fridge for a few days..
If you find this Minestrone Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.