Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Tenderest Beef Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tenderest Beef Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are numerous health conditions associated with a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. Even though we’re always being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. People typically believe that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by making a couple of simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping because you most probably choose a lot of food items out of habit. As an example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to see how much sugar it contains. Consuming a bowl of oatmeal will give you the energy to face the day while protecting your heart simultaneously. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
Therefore, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tenderest beef curry recipe. You can cook tenderest beef curry using 27 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Tenderest Beef Curry:
- Use 3 lbs of top sirloin, cut into strips 1/2 inch thick x 1-2 inches.
- Get 2 tbsp of salt.
- You need 3 tbsp of black pepper.
- Use 6 tbsp of garam masala.
- Provide 1 cup of yogurt.
- Use 2 tsp of fennel seeds.
- You need 1 tsp of caraway seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp of cumin.
- Use 2 tbsp of coriander.
- Use 2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of onion, diced.
- Take 2 tbsp of ghee (clarified butter).
- Provide 8 of garlic cloves grated.
- Use 2 tbsp of ginger paste.
- Prepare 5 of cardamom pods.
- Provide 5 of cloves.
- Prepare 2 of cinnamon sticks.
- Take 1/2 cup of hot madras curry powder.
- Provide 1 cup of beef broth.
- Use 1 (28 oz) of can stewed tomatoes.
- You need 1 tbsp of garlic powder.
- Take 2 tbsp of soy sauce.
- Use 1 tbsp of anchovy paste.
- Use 3 tbsp of cinnamon.
- Prepare 6 of thai chiles, finely chopped (or 3 serrano chiles).
- You need 3 tbsp of tomatoe paste.
- Get 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
Steps to make Tenderest Beef Curry:
- Combine beef, salt, pepper, yogurt, and garam masala in a ziplock bag or in a bowl. Coat all the beef. Put in the fridge to marinate at least 1 hour up to overnight..
- Toast fennel and caraway seeds, cumin, coriander and turmeric. Grind in a spice grinder or mortar and pestle until fine. Set aside..
- Put 1 tbsp of butter in a cast iron dutch oven over medium heat. Add chopped onion and stir until brown. Once you start to get some good browning add 1/2 cup of water to the mix. These will be cooking for about 15 minutes so we'll come back to them in step 5..
- Heat another cast iron pan over medium high heat and add 1 tbsp butter. When the pan is searing hot (about 3 minutes) add pieces of beef. You will probably have to work these in batches. Cook the meat just long enough to get a sear on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Back to your onions.once the water has evaporated, add another 1/2 cup. Wait another fifteen minutes until all the water has evaporated..
- When all the waters gone, you should have nice caramelized onions..
- Add toasted spice mix, cardamom pods, cloves, garlic, ginger, curry powder and cinnamon sticks to the pan. Stir around for about 30 seconds.
- Add the beef broth, scrape the bottom of the pan to release any frond from cooking the spices. Stir well..
- Crush tomatoes with you fingers in a small bowl until all the large chunks are basically pureed..
- Add tomatoes, garlic powder, soy sauce, anchovy paste, cinnamon, chilies, tomato paste and the beef to the pot. Stir well..
- Now the hard parts done, bring the curry to a boil over medium high heat, then reduce to medium. Allow the curry to thicken and reduce for about one hour. Stir every fifteen minutes, making sure to scrape the bottom of the pan..
- After an hour you should have a thick fragrant beef curry. Serve over basmati rice..
If you find this Tenderest Beef Curry recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.