Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Oha Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Oha Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Oha Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Power Snacks.
Enjoying healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way we feel. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and less of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a portion of pizza. This can be a problem, nonetheless, when it comes to eating between snacks. Finding snack foods that help us feel better and enhance our stamina often involves lots of shopping and painstaking reading of labels. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
Yogurt is often a snack many people take for granted. Often people choose to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the right idea. Low fat yogurt would make a fantastic snack, however. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome nutritional vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can also help your digestive system work correctly depending upon the culture used to create it. Try including some healthy nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent method to delight in a flavorful snack without the need of too much sugar.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the choice to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to oha soup recipe. You can cook oha soup using 15 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Oha Soup:
- Provide 1 kg of palm fruit.
- Provide 4 bunch of Oha Leaf.
- Get 1 bunch of Uziza leaf.
- Provide 1 kg of goat meat.
- You need 1 of large head stock fish.
- You need 1/2 kg of offal (shaki, roundabout).
- Get 7 of snail 🐌 (washed).
- Get 2 tbsp of crayfish (blended).
- You need 6 of coco yam.
- Prepare 4 of knorr cube.
- Get 8 of fresh habanero pepper (blended).
- You need of Kpomo dice.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Get 1 of large dry catfish.
- Get 2 of wraps of ogiri.
Steps to make Oha Soup:
- Wash and parboil palm fruit till it’s tender and cooked through; this should take roughly 30mins depending on your burner.
- Drain palm fruit and place in a mortar; pound till you shred out the palm fruit skin, while you are at it, boil water for the extraction and set aside.
- Add boiled water into the palm fruit and stir; (be careful not to hurt yourself) and sieve out the juice once you are done, heat up the juice and allow it cook till it starts to concentrate, (you can decide to parboiled your meat in the palm fruit juice or separate, I prefer separate so I can spice my meat to my taste).
- Wash goat meat, offal, stock fish and parboil with little water spice with salt, knorr cube and pepper allow to cook till it’s tender halfway add the kpomo and snail reason is to avoid over cooking it.
- In a small pot, wash coco yam and cook till it’s tender; remove the back peel and pound in a mortar adding a little palm fruit oil to help ease the pounding and avoid lumps. Once you are done set aside.
- Once the palm fruit is getting concentrated add the cooked meat and the dry cat fish after washing it allow it cook for 10mins, then add the coco yam this will help thicken the soup.
- Shred Oha leaf with your hands and not with a knife (myth not verified) dice uziza leaf; wash the leaf separately and set them aside.
- Add crayfish, pepper, knorr cube, ogiri and salt stir after about 5mins add oha leaf and uziza leaf immediately after stir and turn off heat.
- Serve with hot yellow eba.
If you find this Oha Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.