Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Fish Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Fish Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fish Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Goodies that give You Vitality.
Ingesting healthy foods tends to make all the difference in the way you feel. Increasing our intake of healthy foods while reducing the intake of unhealthy kinds plays a role in a more wholesome feeling. A little bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s difficult to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have so many options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting treat.
Have a shot at eating almonds if you don’t have problems with nut allergies. Almonds have a multitude of health benefits and are an excellent choice when you really need a shot of energy. Several minerals and vitamins tend to be found in these wonderful nuts. Tryptophan, an enzyme also found in turkey that causes drowsiness, is available in almonds. Nevertheless, you won’t need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. These nuts relax the muscles and provide a general sense of comfort. Your emotional level can often be lifted by just eating almonds.
You will not have to look far to find a wide variety of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fish curry recipe. You can cook fish curry using 13 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Fish Curry:
- Get 800 gm of fish.
- Use 1/2 tsp of salt, plus extra for seasoning.
- Take 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Provide 2 tbsp of black mustard seeds.
- Prepare 2 of –3 tbsp vegetable oil, for frying.
- You need 2 of medium onions, finely chopped.
- Get 1 of whole bulb garlic (about 8–10 cloves), peeled and pounded in a pestle and mortar.
- Take 1/4 tsp of chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 of heaped tsp ground coriander.
- Take 1 of heaped tsp garam masala.
- You need 1 of heaped tsp paprika.
- Prepare 450 of ml/16fl oz boiling water.
- Prepare handful of chopped coriander, plus extra leaves to garnish.
Instructions to make Fish Curry:
- 1- Put the fish steaks in a large bowl. Sprinkle with salt and half the turmeric and mix together, making sure the fish is well coated. Set aside to marinade for a few minutes.
- 2- Heat a small frying pan over a high heat and fry the mustard seeds for 1–2 minutes until lightly toasted and fragrant and beginning to pop. Tip into a pestle and mortar and pound until finely ground, then set aside..
- 3- Heat a large non-stick pan over a medium heat and add the vegetable oil. Once hot, tip in the onions and fry for 8–10 minutes over a medium-low heat until starting to colour. Season with salt and continue to cook for a few more minutes until lightly golden..
- 4- Add the pounded garlic to the pan and cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly before adding the remaining half teaspoon turmeric, chilli powder, ground coriander, garam masala and paprika. Mix together and stir over a low heat for a further 2–3 minutes. When the mixture gets dryer, add 250ml/9fl oz boiling water to loosen and cook for a minute before adding 2 heaped teaspoons of the pounded mustard seeds (reserve the rest for another usage). Allow to cook gently for 3-4 minutes while stirring.
- 5- Wash the fish by rinsing well with cold water. Then add to the pan along with enough hot water to cover the fish (approximately 150–200ml/5½–7fl oz). Swirl the pan to cover the fish in the sauce. Cook gently for around 6–8 minutes, carefully turning the fish halfway through cooking. The curry is ready when the fish is opaque and cooked through and the sauce has started to thicken (it should have a loose consistency). Add the freshly chopped coriander and season to taste with salt..
- 6- Heat for another minute, don’t stir the pan as this might break up the fish – just give the pan a gentle swirl or shake. Serve the fish curry with sliced green chilli, extra coriander leaves and basmati rice..
If you find this Fish Curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.