Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Chickpea and Tofu Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Chickpea and Tofu Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, just making some minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re at the grocery since you most likely buy many items out of habit. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it has. One wholesome alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Obviously, it’s not at all difficult to start incorporating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to chickpea and tofu curry recipe. You can have chickpea and tofu curry using 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Chickpea and Tofu Curry:
- Use 250 g of firm tofu.
- You need 400 g of tin of chickpeas.
- Take 400 g of tin of chopped tomatoes.
- Provide 1 of onion, sliced.
- Use 3 cloves of garlic.
- Use 2 of spring onions, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Provide 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 2 cups of fresh rice (optional).
- Get of Spices.
- Prepare 2 tsp of garam masala.
- Take 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- You need 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Take 1 tsp of ground coriander.
Instructions to make Chickpea and Tofu Curry:
- Gather your ingredients ready to start cooking.
- Slice the onions, roughly crush and chop the garlic cloves, and fry in 1 tbsp vegetable oil until browned.
- Add the cumin, coriander and paprika to the onions, stir and continue fry for a couple of minutes.
- Next, pour in the chopped tomatoes and simmer for 10 minutes. Add a cup of water if it starts to look too dry.
- While the onion and tomato sauce is simmering, dice the tofu into small cubes and fry in the olive oil for a few minutes until browned. Turn them out onto a kitchen towel to dry.
- Now pour your strained and rinsed chickpeas into the curry sauce and add the garam masala. Stir well on a medium heat for a couple more minutes.
- Lastly add the fried tofu and chopped spring onions to the pan, stir a few times then serve over fresh rice.
If you find this Chickpea and Tofu Curry recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.