Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Navratna Shahijahani Khichdi recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Navratna Shahijahani Khichdi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Navratna Shahijahani Khichdi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Enhancing Snack foods.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way we feel. When we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we generally feel much better. Eating more vegetables helps you feel better than eating a piece of pizza. Sometimes it’s tough to find wholesome foods for treats between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. Why not try one of many following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Yogurt is a snack many people take for granted. Sometimes people elect to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the right idea. You can’t beat yogurt whenever it comes to a healthy snack though. It is made up of a lot of calcium, protein, and B vitamins. Yogurt is typically eaten to help maintain the digestive system since it is so easily digestible by the majority of people. Try putting in some wholesome nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent approach to enjoy a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
You don’t have to look far to find a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as uncomplicated as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to navratna shahijahani khichdi recipe. You can have navratna shahijahani khichdi using 26 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Navratna Shahijahani Khichdi:
- Get 11/2 cup of brown rice.
- You need 1/4 cup of each tuvar dal, moong dal.
- Provide 3 tbsp of Masoor dal.
- You need 2 tbsp of urad dal.
- Get 2 tbsp of Chana dal.
- Get 2 cups of chopped mix vegetables (green peas,carrot, cauliflower,French beans, capsicum, potatoes).
- Get 1 of large onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 of large tomatoes chopped.
- You need 1 tbsp of ginger garlic green chilli paste.
- You need 3 tbsp of For tadka:- ghee/oil.
- You need 1 tsp of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of bay leaves.
- Provide 1 inch of cinnamon stick.
- Use 3 of cloves.
- Provide 3-4 of pepper corns.
- Provide 2 of big cardamom.
- Get 1 of Chakri phool.
- You need 1 sprig of curry leaves.
- Get for of masala powder:-.
- Use 1/4 tsp of haldi powder.
- Get 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Use 1 tsp of Jeera powder.
- Provide 2 tbsp of khichdi masala/garam masala.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Take as required of For garnishing:- cashewnuts, kishmish and coriander.
- Get as required of For serving :- buttermilk, papad, pickle and salad.
Steps to make Navratna Shahijahani Khichdi:
- Clean, wash and soak the rice and lentils for 1 hours. Drain and keep aside..
- If you have a pressure cooker heat oil in the pressure cooker otherwise use a large sauce pan. Heat ghee/ oil in a pan add cumin seeds and all tadka ingridents..
- Then add onions, ginger garlic green chilli paste and saute stirring until brown..
- Add the tomatoes and mix vegetables and mix well and cook for five minutes..
- Add all the masala powder and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add rice and lentils..
- Mix everything well together then add water as required.
- If you are cooking in a pressure cooker cover now and let the khichdi for 20 minutes after the cooker comes to pressure..
- On the stove if not using a pressure cooker bring the water in a boil cover the pot with a tight fitting lid and cook 45 minutes or until the rice and lentils are really soft..
- Add more water if needed at any time. Open the pressure cooker or pot and stir the khichdi well..
- Garnish with the coriander leaves, cashew nuts and kishmish..
- Serve with masala buttermilk, papad and pickle..
If you find this Navratna Shahijahani Khichdi recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.