Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Sambhar dosa recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sambhar dosa recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Boosting Snack foods.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the detrimental ones we typically feel much better. A little bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. Finding snacks that will help us feel better and enhance our energy levels often involves lots of shopping and scrupulous reading of labels. Here are a few healthy snacks that you can use when you need an instant pick me up.
When looking for a convenient healthy snack, make sure you remember about yogurt. Eating yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch isn’t a good idea. Low fat yogurt makes a amazing snack, however. Along with calcium, it is a good supply of aminoacids and vitamin B. Yogurt is often eaten to help maintain the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by many people. Yogurt combines beautifully with nuts along with seeds. This decreases your sugar intake without reducing the taste of your snack.
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily accessible. Deciding to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sambhar dosa recipe. To make sambhar dosa you only need 38 ingredients and 21 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Sambhar dosa:
- Provide of For sambhar.
- Use 1/2 cup of toovar (arhar) dal.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Provide 1.5-1.75 cups of water or add as required.
- Prepare of For tamarind pulp:.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of hot water.
- Take 1 tablespoon of Tamarind.
- Provide of For sambhar vegetables:.
- Provide 1-1.5 cups of cleaned and chopped vegetables like okra, french beans, potatoes, small round brinjals, pumpkin.
- Get 1-2 of drumsticks, scraped and chopped in 3 to 4 inches sticks.
- You need 1 of small to medium tomato diced.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of kashmiri red chilli powder.
- Provide of salt as required.
- You need 1.5 cups of water or add as required.
- Prepare 1-1.5 tablespoons of sambar masala powder.
- Take of For tempering.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of mustard seeds.
- You need 1 tablespoon of Oil.
- You need 1-2 of dry red chillies – halved and seeds removed.
- Prepare 10-12 of curry leaves.
- Take 2 pinch of asafoetida (hing).
- Take of For Dosa:.
- Take 3 cups of rice.
- Take 1 cup of urad daal.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Use 3-4 tablespoon of Oil.
- You need of For potato preparation.
- Take 1 cup of Boiled potato.
- Provide of Chopped onion 1 number.
- Prepare of Chopped green chilly 1 number.
- Get 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- Provide to taste of Salt.
- Provide 1 pinch of Asafoetida (Hing).
- Take 1/2 teaspoon of Red chilli powder.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of Chopped coriander.
- Use 1 teaspoon of Mustard seeds.
- Take of Curry leaves 10-12 number.
Steps to make Sambhar dosa:
- For the preparation of sambhar:. soak 1 tablespoon tamarind in ⅓ cup hot water for 20 to 30 minutes..
- Once the tamarind gets soft, then squeeze the tamarind in the water itself. discard the strained tamarind and keep the tamarind pulp aside..
- Rinse ½ cup tuvar dal (100 grams) a couple of times in water.
- Drain all the water and add the dal in a 2 litre pressure cooker. also add ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder..
- Add 1.5 to 1.75 cups water and mix. cover and pressure cook dal for 7 to 8 whistles or 10 to 12 minutes on medium flame. when the pressure settles down on its own, open the lid and check the dal. the dal should be completely cooked and mushy..
- Mash the dal with a spoon or wired whisk. cover and keep aside. you can see the consistency of dal in the pic below..
- When the dal is pressure cooking – rinse, peel and chop the vegetables. take 1 to 1.5 cups chopped vegetables in a pan or pot. also add 6 to 7 pearl onions or 1 small to medium onion (thickly sliced) and 1 small to medium tomato (quartered)..
- Sprinkle ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ¼ teaspoon kashmiri red chilli powder and salt as per taste. adding kashmiri red chili powder is optional and can be skipped. add 1.5 to 2 cups water and stir. keep the pan on a stove top and begin to cook vegetables on a medium-low to medium flame. in between do check when the vegetables are cooking..
- Cook till the vegetables are almost done. ensure that you don’t over cook the vegetables..
- Once the vegetables are almost cooked, then add the tamarind pulp and 1 to 1.5 tablespoons sambar powder. mix well. add the mashed dal. mix again very well. simmer on a medium-low flame till it comes to a boil. you will see a frothy layer on top when the sambar begins boiling. at this step switch off flame. cover and keep aside..
- For tempering of sambhar. in a small pan or tadka pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil. add ½ tsp mustard seeds. let the mustard seeds crackle. then add 1 to 2 dry red chillies (halved and seeds removed). immediately add 10 to 12 curry leaves, and 2 pinches of asafoetida (hing). fry them till the red chilies change color and curry leaves become crisp. immediately add this tempering mixture in the hot sambar. cover the pan with its lid for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Serve the sambhar hot with Dosa or idli..
- For the preparation of Dosa. Wash the rice and urad daal well. fill enough water in the rice-daal bowl to cover them about 2-inch deep. Soak overnight..
- For preparation of potato filling. Mash the boiled potato in a bowl. Now in a non stick pan add oil mustard seeds, curry leaves and let it crackl. Now add chopped onion, chopped green chillies and saute it for a couple of seconds to this add pinch of Hing, red chilli powder and turmeric mix it properly. Now add mashed boiled potatoes to it add salt and toss it well. Add chopped coriander to it and toss well..
- The next morning, drain all the water from the rice and urad daal. Now put some in a food processor and grind—adding very little water if necessary—to a smooth yet slightly grainy paste..
- When all the rice-daal mix is ground, put it into a large mixing bowl and add enough water to make a batter. The consistency of the batter should be such that it thickly coats a spoon dipped in it..
- Now add salt to taste and keep the dosa batter aside in a warm, dark spot, covered, for 6 to 8 hours. After this fermentation, stir the batter well. It is now ready to make dosa..
- Now take a non stick pan and heat it properly, sprinkle some cold water and oil on it and clean it with a piece of cloth..
- Fill the ladle up to the 3/4 level with dosa batter. Gently pour this batter onto the center of the pan and rotate with a small bowl or laddle in a round shape..
- Now drizzle some oil over it let let the batter cook..
- Carefully start loosing the side with the help of spatula. Add the potato mixture in it and roll it properly. Serve hot with sambhar..
If you find this Sambhar dosa recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.