Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Bisi Bele Bath (south indian spiced khichadi) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Bisi Bele Bath (south indian spiced khichadi) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. There are a lot of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. In reality, however, just making a few modest changes can positively impact everyday eating habits.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is okay but the main thing at first is to try to ensure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get used to the taste of healthy foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than before. Like many other habits, change occurs over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to revert to your old diet.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to bisi bele bath (south indian spiced khichadi) recipe. To cook bisi bele bath (south indian spiced khichadi) you need 36 ingredients and 15 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Bisi Bele Bath (south indian spiced khichadi):
- You need of For bisi bele bhath powder.
- Take 4 tbs of coriander seeds.
- Prepare 4 tbs of chana daal.
- Get 1 tsp of sesame seeds.
- Prepare 2 tbs of urad daal.
- Use 10-15 of byadagi red cilli.
- Provide 1 tsp of jeera.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- Take 3 of green cardamom.
- Get 1 inch of long cinnamon stick.
- You need 3-4 of cloves.
- Take 2 tsp of poppy seeds.
- You need 1/4 tsp of methi seeds.
- Take 10-12 of curry leaves.
- You need 3 tsp of dry coconut.
- Get 1/2 tsp of asafoetida.
- You need of For bhath.
- Take 1/2 cup of sona masuri rice.
- Get 1/2 cup of tuar daal.
- Get 1/4 cup of green pea.
- Get 1/4 cup of chopped french beans.
- Provide 1 of potato cut into cubes.
- Get 1 of big carrot chopped.
- Take 1/2 cup of kath gobhi.
- Take 1/2 cup of onion.
- You need 2 tbs of green coriander leaves.
- Prepare 1 tbs of tamarind pulp.
- Use 1 tbs of jaggery.
- You need 1 tbs of freshly grated coconut.
- Get to taste of salt.
- Provide of For seasoning.
- Take 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Prepare 5-6 of curry leaves.
- Use 2 of dry red chillies.
- You need 10-15 of cashews.
- Prepare 2 tbs of ghee.
Steps to make Bisi Bele Bath (south indian spiced khichadi):
- For bisi bele bath powder :Dry roast the coriander, cumin and fenugreek, chanadal, urad dal until they start turning fragrant. To the same dry roast sesame seeds, poppy seeds, curry leaves untill they become crispy, keep them aside.
- Further more in same pan dry roast cinnamon, clove, black pepper, Cardamom, till they become aromat keep them aside. Also dry roast red chillies, dry coconut, till it become golden, allow the spices to cool down. Grind them to a fine powder,add hing powder, mix well your bisi bele masala is ready, keep this powder in air tight container..
- For bisi bele bhat: Wash and soak the rice for 30min. In the water.
- Add salt and keep on the stove top and cook the rice. No need to cover the pan with lid..
- Simmer till the rice grain cooked well. Cover and keep it aside..
- In Pressure cooker add rinsed tuar daal, turmeric powder and 2 cups water. Pressure cooker the daal for on hight flame for 8 to 10 whistle.once pressure cooker settle down on it's own, mash the dal and keep aside.
- In another pan, add chopped veggies, and peanuts, salt pour 2 cups of water and stir. Cover and allow the veggies to cook till they are tender and cooked well,yet retain their shape..
- Now in cooker with mashed daal, add the cooked rice, then add cooked veggies along with it's stock.stir lighty..
- Now add 1/2cup water, tamarind pulp, 1 tbs jaggery, mix everything well taking care rice grains do not break.
- In another bowl add 3 tbs bisi bele bhat masala (that we had made earlier) and 1/2 cup water mix well. Add this masala water mixture in the cooker,.
- Add grated coconut and salt. Stir well.
- Keep the cooker without the lid on stove top and simmer on the low flame for about 20 – 25 min. Add more water if required, keep on stirring offen, raw aroma of tamarind has to go away and all flavor should be blended well. Cover and keep aside once done..
- Tempering bisi bele bath : in tadka pan heat ghee. Crackle the mustard seeds then temper the curry leaves,dry red chilli asafoetida, cashews..
- Pour this tempering in the prepared bisi bele bath, stir and cover the cooker with lid for about 5 min. So that tempering flavors infused in the bisi bele bath..
- Serve hot with khara bundi..
If you find this Bisi Bele Bath (south indian spiced khichadi) recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.