Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Masala Upma recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Masala Upma recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Masala Upma recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Vitality Treats.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of wellness. Whenever we eat more healthy snacks and a smaller amount of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. Sometimes it’s tough to find healthy foods for something to eat between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have countless options. Why not try some of the following healthy snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Whole grain meals are an superb choice for a fast balanced snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain bread toasted can give you that extra boost you need to get going. When you require a fast treat on your way out the door, never forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Whole grains are generally better than refined grains present in white bread.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to masala upma recipe. You can cook masala upma using 19 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Masala Upma:
- Prepare 1 cup of Semolina/Rava.
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard seeds.
- Provide 6-7 of Curry leaves.
- Take 2 sprigs of Coriander leaves.
- Provide 2 of Green chillies finely chopped.
- You need 1 of medium sized onion finely chopped.
- Use 1 of medium sized tomato finely chopped.
- Prepare 2 of french beans chopped.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Green peas.
- Use 1 of small carrot diced.
- Take 3 of Cloves.
- Use 3 of Elaichi/Green Cardamon.
- Prepare 1/2 Inch of Cinnamon Stick.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Take 1 tsp of Coriander powder.
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of Red Chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Ginger garlic paste.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Oil for cooking.
Instructions to make Masala Upma:
- In a kadai, dry roast the Semolina on medium flame for 3-4 mins, you will notice that the Semolina flakes will start to separate and seem a little rougher. Thats when you should consider it done and set aside in a flat plate to cool..
- In the same Kadai, heat some oil, add the mustard seeds, Elaichi, clove, cinnamon, ginger garlic paste, green chillies and Onion. Saute for 3-4 mins..
- Next add the coriander leaves and stir. Cook till you get a nice fragrant smell of the whole spices..
- Once the onions are cooked, add in the tomatoes.Add in the chopped carrots, beans and peas next. Cook on a medium flame for 2-3 mins..
- Once the raw smell of the veggies are all gone, add in the spice powders..
- Add 1/4 cup of water to avoid the spices from burning and cook till the veggies are half done..
- Add 3 cups of water for every 1 cup of Semolina that you would use for making the upma. Add salt as per taste, check for spice levels and bring the mixture to a boil..
- Add in the roasted Semolina and stir in immediately, this is to avoid any lumps in the mixture. Remember this needs to be done together without any delay..
- Lower the heat, give it one final stir and cook the mixture on simmer for 6-10 minutes with a closed lid.Your Upma is ready to be served – Hot Hot Hot and yummy !!.
If you find this Masala Upma recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.