Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect 'V' Scottish Leek and potato (tattie) soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best 'V' Scottish Leek and potato (tattie) soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to 'V' Scottish Leek and potato (tattie) soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Energy Snacks.
Wholesome eating helps bring about a feeling of well being. Increasing our daily allowance of sensible foods while lowering the intake of unhealthy types contributes to a more healthy feeling. Eating more vegetables helps you feel much better than eating a slice of pizza. Choosing healthier food choices can be challenging when it is snack time. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for the perfect snack foods to help you feel healthy. Why not try one of many following nutritious snacks the next time you need some extra energy?
Foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a quick snack. A piece of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning. Eating on the run may be more healthy with whole grain chips and crackers. Whole grains are always better than processed grains found in white bread.
You will find lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthier doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite uncomplicated.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to 'v' scottish leek and potato (tattie) soup recipe. To cook 'v' scottish leek and potato (tattie) soup you need 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook 'V' Scottish Leek and potato (tattie) soup:
- Use 2 tbsp of butter/margerine.
- Get 1 of garlic clove.
- Prepare 2 of good sized leeks (1lb).
- Take 1 of good sized potatoes (1lb).
- Get 1 of litre of veg stock.
- Get 1/2 pints of /225mls of milk or cream.
- Take 1 of salt and pepper to taste.
Steps to make 'V' Scottish Leek and potato (tattie) soup:
- 1..clean and chop leeks.
- melt butter/margerine in pan and add leeks and garlic.
- fry them on low heat until leeks are soft about 10 mins.
- peel potatoes and chop into cubes.
- add all remaining ingredients to pan with exception of milk/cream bring soup to boil, then simmer until potatoes are cooked about 20mins.
- mash or blend 3/4 of soup,I like to leave it a bit chunky.
- just before serving pour milk/cream into soup and stirr well.
- if you intend to freeze do not add milk/cream to pan instead add to each soup bowl.
If you find this 'V' Scottish Leek and potato (tattie) soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.