Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Baked Toor-Dal Vegetables Khichdi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Baked Toor-Dal Vegetables Khichdi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. Poor diet is one factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Even though we’re always being advised to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively impact daily eating habits.
These better food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It might be that you already believe that you eat fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
All in all, it is not difficult to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to baked toor-dal vegetables khichdi recipe. You can cook baked toor-dal vegetables khichdi using 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Baked Toor-Dal Vegetables Khichdi:
- Provide of uncooked rice.
- Use of toor dal.
- Prepare of turmeric powder.
- You need of ghee.
- Prepare of cloves.
- Provide of cinnamon stick.
- Prepare of cardamoms.
- You need of bay leaf.
- Get of Salt.
- Prepare of For curry.
- You need of small tomato finely chopped.
- Take of onion finely chopped.
- Take of boiled mixed vegetables (french beans carrot, peas,potato).
- Prepare of ghee.
- Take of cardamoms.
- Take of ginger paste.
- Use of red chilli powder.
- Take of dhania jeera powder.
- Use of Salt.
- Prepare of To serve.
- Use of Kadhi.
- Take of Papad fryum.
Steps to make Baked Toor-Dal Vegetables Khichdi:
- Wash and soak rice and toor dal for 1/2 hour. In thick bottom nonstick kadai add heat ghee,add cloves, cinnamon and cardamoms saute for few seconds. Add rice and toor dal…cook for 2-3 mins..
- Add turmeric powder and salt. Add 5 cups of water. Cover and cook until soft..
- For curry..soak tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes. Peel the skin and chopped finely. In another kadai add heat ghee.Add chopped onion and saute till pinkish in colour. Add ginger paste and cardamoms.saute for 1 minute..
- Add chopped tomatoes,red chilli powder,dhania powder mix and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add boiled mix vegetables salt and cook for 2 mins.Off the flame..
- To bake khichdi..grease oven proof casserole dish. Spread half of prepared khichdi in it.as shown. On it spread mix vegetables curry as shown..
- On it spread remaining khichdi.,press well…as shown. Cover with lid or aluminium foil. Bake in preheated oven for 225 C for 25-30 minutes..
- At the time of serving..unmold it by turning upside down..
- Serve Delicious Baked Toor Dal Vegetables Khichdi with Hot Kadhi and fried Papad..
If you find this Baked Toor-Dal Vegetables Khichdi recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.