Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, if you’re looking for Fried Idli recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Fried Idli recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Fried Idli recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Snack foods.
Enjoying healthy foods can make all the difference in how we feel. We have a tendency to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of nutritious foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad helps us feel better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). This is usually a problem, nevertheless, with regards to eating between meals. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting treat.
Yogurt is a snack many people ignore. Occasionally people elect to eat yogurt over a balanced lunch which is not the right idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the best things you are able to reach for. Along with calcium, it is a good supply of protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is typically eaten to help preserve the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by most people. Yogurt mixes beautifully with nuts along with seeds. This decreases your sugar consumption without reducing the taste of your snack.
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that don’t involve a lot of preparation or searching. Being healthy and balanced doesnt have to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to fried idli recipe. To cook fried idli you only need 16 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Fried Idli:
- Use 200 grams of suji/ semolina.
- Provide 1 cup of Curd.
- You need 1/2 cup of carrot thinly sliced.
- Get 1/3 cup of French beans chopped.
- Provide 1/2 cup of spring onions chopped.
- Use 1/3 cup of green capsicum thinly sliced.
- You need 2 tbsp of yellow bell pepper thinly sliced.
- You need 1/3 cup of red bell pepper thinly sliced.
- Provide 1 of onion small thinly sliced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil.
- Get 3/4 tsp of black pepper powder.
- You need Pinch of asafetida.
- Take Few sprigs of curry leaves.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Provide 1 tsp of yellow mustard seed.
- Take 1 sachet of eno/soda.
Steps to make Fried Idli:
- In a mixing bowl put suji, yogurt, ½ tsp of salt and mix it well. I have used little sour yogurt which is of 2 days before but you can add fresh yogurt also..
- Add water gradually, mix it well and make smooth lumps free batter. Keep on adding water until you get the medium thick or pourable consistency. The consistency of the batter should be neither very thick nor thin..
- Cover the batter and let it rest for 15-20 minutes. After 20 minutes uncovered the batter and now you will see the batter has become thick as suji absorbs water so add 2-3 tbsp of water or as per your requirement and make the medium thick smooth batter..
- The batter is ready now, let’s start making idli. Before adding eno grease the mini idli moulds and put the water for boiling..
- Pour 1 1/2 glasses of water in a deep pan and bring it to boil. Make sure that the water should start boiling before placing the idli mould in it..
- Now take mini Idli moulds, grease it with some oil and keep aside. At the very end add eno/ soda; do not pour soda/eno at once in all the batter. Put eno/ soda in the mixture which you are going to steam so for that put half of the batter in another bowl and add ½ tsp of soda in half of the batter, mix it well and let it wait the rest half of the idli batter on countertop till the first batch gets steamed..
- After adding eno/soda do not stir too much and don’t keep the batter for longer time otherwise bubbly effect will go away and idli will not become fluffy and spongy so spread the batter immediately into greased idli moulds..
- Now take greased idli moulds and put a teaspoon of batter in each mould.Tap the mould so that batter gets spread evenly. Repeat the same process for rest of the idli moulds..
- Put the idli mould in boiling water, cover with the lid and cook it for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.After 3-4 minutes uncovered the lid and you will see the Mini idli has become fluffy. Take out the idli mould from the pan and let it cool down for some time. Once it cools down a bit take out the idli with the help of a spoon..
- Once you finish the first batch steaming then again put soda/eno in the second batch and steam in the same manner.Put oil in a pan; once the oil becomes hot add mustard seed and waits till it splutters.Now add curry leaves asafetida, mix it well for few seconds..
- Add chopped vegetables (red bell pepper, yellow bell pepper, capsicum, French bean, carrot) and cook it on high flame for 3-4 minutes.Do not overcook the veggies, make it crunchy Now add steamed idli, salt as per taste as I have added salt in idli batter also, Black pepper, and spring onions, mix it until all the spices get well combined.Mixed veg fried Idli is ready to serve. Serve hot..
If you find this Fried Idli recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.