Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Ultimate Seafood Gumbo recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ultimate Seafood Gumbo recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Everywhere you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of life but but then, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by implementing a couple of small changes.
These sorts of changes are possible with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. Olive oil also provides vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. It may be that you already feel that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Evidently, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ultimate seafood gumbo recipe. To cook ultimate seafood gumbo you only need 23 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Ultimate Seafood Gumbo:
- Get 1 of ham hock.
- Take 2 quart of water.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of butter.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of fresh or frozen okra, chopped.
- Get 2 of bell peppers, chopped.
- You need 2 large of onions, chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of parsley flakes.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, chopped.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, smashed, left whole.
- You need 1 big can of whole tomatoes.
- Take 2 of bay leaves.
- Get 1 tsp of salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper, to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper, to taste.
- Provide 1/2 tsp of ground mace.
- Get 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground allspice.
- Provide 1 tsp of gumbo file.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Worcestershire sauce.
- Use 2 lb of peeled, raw shrimp.
- Prepare 1 lb of crab meat.
- Provide 13 1/2 oz of andouille sausage.
- Prepare 2 cup of cooked rice.
Instructions to make Ultimate Seafood Gumbo:
- Place the ham hock and water in a stock pot and simmer for 1 hour. Remove the ham hock to cool, reserving the liquid..
- In a large skillet, heat the butter over medium heat..
- Cook the okra until the gooey strings no longer appear as you stir. Add the bell pepper, onion, parsley, celery, and garlic and cook for 30 minutes. Remove the garlic and discard. Add the tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes..
- Remove the meat from the ham hock and add it to the stock pot. Place the veggies and bay leaves in the pot and cook on medium-low to medium for 3hrs..
- Add the seasonings and Worcestershire sauce and stir. Add the shrimp and sausage 30 minutes before serving. Add the crab meat 10 minutes before serving..
- Taste. Add hot sauce if desired. Serve with rice. If u like it thicker, add a little corn starch to the to a scoop of the stock, mix it, and return to the pot..
If you find this Ultimate Seafood Gumbo recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.