Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Choosing to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in illnesses such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, though, to make some small changes that can start to make a difference to our day-to-day eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, in all likelihood you have never checked the box of your favorite cereal to find out how much sugar it contains. A good healthy alternative can be porridge oats which have been proven to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy every day. Mix in fruits or spices to improve the flavor and now you have a breakfast that can be a usual part of your new healthy eating plan.
Obviously, it’s not difficult to start integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to easy borscht/goulash-inspired leftover roast & red cabbage soup recipe. You can cook easy borscht/goulash-inspired leftover roast & red cabbage soup using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup:
- Take 3 cups of beef roast or steak that's been cut into 1/2" cubes.
- You need 1/2 of an onion, chopped.
- Provide 2 of medium carrots, cut into 1/2" cubes.
- Take 2 of small celery stems, chopped into 1/2" pieces.
- Prepare 1/2 of a small head of red cabbage, cut into 1/2" pieces.
- Get 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and smashed.
- Take 8 cups of liquid (any combo of unsalted stock & water).
- Get 3 Tablespoons of tomato paste.
- Provide 2 Tablespoons of ketchup.
- Use 1 Tablespoon of Worcestershire.
- Use 2 teaspoons of salt to start.
- Use 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper.
- Get 1 of bay leaf.
- Use 1 teaspoon of paprika.
- You need 2 cups of quartered button mushrooms.
Instructions to make Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup:
- Dump all ingredients except mushrooms into a large pot (at least 5 quarts), cover, turn the heat to medium high, and let soup come to a boil and simmer for 20 minutes..
- Reduce heat to medium low, add mushrooms, cover, and simmer for another 30 to 40 minutes, or until thickest pieces of cabbage are completely tender..
- Adjust seasoning if needed, and enjoy with crusty bread or rice, or just by itself! :).
If you find this Easy Borscht/Goulash-Inspired Leftover Roast & Red Cabbage Soup recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.