Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Kerala style Vegetable Stew recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala style Vegetable Stew recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
The benefits of healthy eating are today being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who are dealing with health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. While we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few simple changes.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping as it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. For instance, has it crossed your mind to check how much sugar and salt are in your breakfast cereal? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy each day. By adding fresh fruit, you can make oatmeal taste better and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
All in all, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala style vegetable stew recipe. You can cook kerala style vegetable stew using 17 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Kerala style Vegetable Stew:
- Take of coconut oil (or any cooking oil).
- Use of cinnamon sticks.
- Use of cloves.
- Take of cardamoms.
- You need of finely chopped garlic.
- Prepare of finely chopped ginger.
- Provide of chopped onion.
- Prepare of curry leaves.
- Take of green chillies.
- Take of Salt.
- Take of crushed Black pepper.
- Take of green peas.
- Take of chopped french beans.
- Use of diced carrot.
- Provide of diced Medium size potatoes.
- Get of thin Coconut milk.
- Get of thick Coconut milk.
Instructions to make Kerala style Vegetable Stew:
- Chop all vegetables,slit green chillies lengthwise and Keep ready.Take shredded fresh coconut (remove brown part Keep only white) in a blender jar,add 2 cups of warm water and blend into fine mixture.Strain this coconut milk.Tgis is thick Coconut milk.Again put the squeezed coconut in blender jar,add water,blend it,strain it.This is thin coconut milk.Keep seperately in a bowl.Heat oil in a pan,add cinnamon sticks, cloves,Cardamoms,garlic,chopped onion.Saute for 2 min till onions r soft..
- Add salt.Add chopped carrots,green peas,chopped french beans,diced potatoes.Add crushed Black pepper powder.Mix well.Add 1 Cup thin Coconut milk and 1/2 Cup water.Add salt according to taste.Let it Boil on LOW flame till vegetables are soft.Cover and Cook..
- If you want to cook fast,use pressure cooker.Now add 1 Cup thick Coconut milk.Add chopped curry leaves and also salt if needed.When Gravy starts boiling and becomes thicker,off the flame..
- Transfer into a serving bowl.Serve hot with chapatis or appam or iddiyappam..
If you find this Kerala style Vegetable Stew recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.