Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Dry Khichdi recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dry Khichdi recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not good for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make several minor changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
These changes are possible with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can be helpful in offsetting the bad cholesterol in your diet. Olive oil can also be beneficial for your skin since it is a superb source of vitamin E. If you currently are eating plenty of fresh fruits and veggies, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with poisonous chemical substances. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier as you will be able to buy the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dry khichdi recipe. You can have dry khichdi using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dry Khichdi:
- You need 1 cup of Rice (washed).
- Prepare 3-4 tablespoon of Bengal gram (soaked).
- Prepare 1 of Carrot (finely diced).
- You need 1/4 cup of Capsicum (finely diced).
- Take 6-7 of French beans (chopped).
- Get 1 of Tomato (chopped).
- Use 1 tablespoon of Coriander leaves (finely chopped).
- Prepare 8-10 of Curry leaves.
- Use 2 of Green chillies (finely chopped).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of Black mustard seeds.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of Ginger (grated).
- Take 1 pinch of Asafoetida.
- You need To taste of Salt.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of Garam masala powder.
- Use 1 tablespoon of Clarified butter.
Steps to make Dry Khichdi:
- In a pressure cooker, add clarified butter. In it add, asafoetida, black mustard seeds and curry leaves then allow it splutter..
- Now, add grated ginger and finely chopped green chillies in it and cook it for a minute on medium flame..
- Then add all vegetables in it one-by-one..
- Add soaked bengal gram in it and mix it well..
- Now, add salt, turmeric powder and garam powder in it and mix it well so that it gets coated on vegetables..
- Then add washed rice in it and mix it..
- Now, add water as per the requirement then add chopped coriander leaves in it and cook it for 1 whistle then slow down the flame for 5 minutes then switch off the flame..
- Allow the pressure cooker to release it pressure..
- Dry khichdi is ready to serve now..
If you find this Dry Khichdi recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.