Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Mexican chicken and rice casserole recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Mexican chicken and rice casserole recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Deciding to eat healthily offers incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are dealing with conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Wherever you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier lifestyle but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. It is likely that lots of people assume it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making several simple changes.
In order to see results, it is definitely not a necessity to drastically modify your eating habits. If you desire to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to see to it that you are making more healthy eating choices. Soon enough, you will see that you actually prefer to consume healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As with many other habits, change happens over a period of time and when a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you won’t feel the need to return to your old diet.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to mexican chicken and rice casserole recipe. You can cook mexican chicken and rice casserole using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Mexican chicken and rice casserole:
- Get 1 2/3 cups of uncooked rice.
- Prepare 6 of skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves.
- Provide 2 tbs of fajita (or taco) seasoning.
- Prepare 3 1/2 cups of chicken broth.
- Get 1 can of condensed cream of mushroom soup (10.75 ounces).
- Prepare 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup (10.75 ounces).
- Provide 1 1/2 cups of salsa.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cayenne pepper (or to taste).
- Take 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Take 2 cups of cheddar cheese, shredded.
- Take 2 cups of pepper jack cheese, shredded.
Instructions to make Mexican chicken and rice casserole:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil the chicken halves for 12 minutes.
- Cook the rice on the stove, using the chicken broth in place of plain water.
- While waiting for the chicken and rice to cook, mix the chicken and mushroom soups, salsa, chopped onion, and cayenne pepper together in a large bowl. Mix well..
- Mix the pepper jack and cheddar cheese together in a separate bowl..
- Take the boiled chicken (after letting it cool enough to handle), and shred it into bite sized pieces. Then add the fajita/taco seasoning and toss to coat the chicken.
- Lightly grease a 9×13 Pyrex dish. Layer in the following order… 80% of the cooked rice, all of the chicken, all of the soup/salsa mixture, all of the cheese mixture, and the remaining rice on top (this adds a very nice crunch to the dish)..
- Bake for 30 minutes. Lots of ways to alter this recipe. My feelings won't be hurt by that… :-).
If you find this Mexican chicken and rice casserole recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.