Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Yellow Moong Dahl recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Yellow Moong Dahl recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Snacks that provide You Vitality.
Ingesting healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. If we eat more healthy snacks and less of the bad ones we generally feel much better. A piece of pizza does not make you feel as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This is usually a problem, nevertheless, in terms of eating between meals. Shopping for snack foods can be a challenge because you have a great number of options. Here are some healthy snacks that you can use when you need a fast pick me up.
When searching for a convenient healthy snack, do not forget about yogurt. Sometimes people decide to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the right idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the best things you can reach for. It is a protein-rich supply of nutritious nutritional vitamins. Easily digestible, yogurt can actually help your digestive system work appropriately depending upon the culture used to create it. Try adding some healthy nuts to unsweetened natural yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an excellent method to enjoy a flavorful snack without having too much sugar.
You will not have to look far to find a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Choosing to live a healthy life style can be as easy as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to yellow moong dahl recipe. To make yellow moong dahl you need 12 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Yellow Moong Dahl:
- Prepare 3 handfuls of yellow moong dahl.
- Provide 2 slices of ginger.
- Use 6 of green chilies, split & deseeded.
- Get of Water, enough to cover and boil down the dahl.
- Take 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric.
- Get of Chili powder.
- Provide 1 of small red onion, minced.
- Get 1 tbsp of coconut oil.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Use 10 of curry leaves.
- Get of Optional vegetables can be added (potatoes, french beans or carrots).
Instructions to make Yellow Moong Dahl:
- IMPORTANT: To cut down on cooking time, soak moong dahl for 3-4 hours prior to cooking..
- Place dahl into pot and add water until dahl is fully covered. Boil at high heat. Note: For those opting to add veggies for texture, you may include them at this stage to boil them down. [Avoid using frozen vegetables!].
- After 15 mins or until the dahl is about 80% softened, throw in ginger, 5 curry leaves and 3 chilies..
- Boil for another 10-15 mins until dahl is soft and thick. *If you prefer a bit more bite, reduce boiling time. For a soupier consistency, add more water..
- Turn off heat and stir in curry powder, turmeric and 1/2 tsp chili powder..
- In a skillet or pan, stir fry onion and the remaining chilies with coconut oil until lightly browned. You can add more chilies for extra kick!.
- Add remaining curry leaves and 1/2 tsp of red chili powder..
- Pour stir-fried contents into boiled dahl and stir well..
- Add salt to taste. At this point, you may also add spices to your liking. IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not reboil the dahl after adding spices or else they might add a burnt taste to the dish..
- Serve hot. Ideal with chapati, roti, naan, over toasted/non-toasted bread or rice. You can even go crazy and have em with boiled eggs! :).
If you find this Yellow Moong Dahl recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.