Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Minestrone Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Minestrone Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Nutritious Power Goodies.
Ingesting healthy foods can make all the difference in the way you feel. We tend to feel way less gross when we increase our intake of wholesome foods and decrease our consumption of unhealthy foods. A salad allows us to feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically anyway). Selecting healthier food choices can be tough when it’s snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack food.
Consider eating almonds if you don’t suffer from nut allergies. Almonds provide a multitude of health and fitness benefits and are an excellent choice when you need a shot of energy. These types of nuts have lots of vitamins E, B2, and manganese. They do, however, contain tryptophan-the same enzyme that makes you tired after eating turkey. Having said that, you won’t need a nap after eating and enjoying almonds. Rather, these nuts help to reduce stress and provide a relaxing feeling throughout your body. Almonds often provide a general increased sense of well-being.
A large assortment of quick health snacks is easily accessible. Deciding to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to minestrone soup recipe. You can cook minestrone soup using 18 ingredients and 32 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Minestrone Soup:
- Use 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 of red onion.
- Get 2 of carrots.
- You need 2 stalks of celery.
- Provide 1 of courgette/zucchini.
- Get 1 of small leek.
- Take 1 of large potato.
- Prepare 1 of x 400g (15 oz) tin or can of cannellini beans.
- Provide 2 slices of higher-welfare smoked streaky bacon.
- You need of olive oil.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of dried oregano.
- Get 1 of fresh bay leaf.
- Use 2 of x 400g (14-oz) tins or cans plum tomatoes.
- Get 1 litre (4 cups) of organic vegetable stock.
- Prepare 1 of large handful of seasonal greens, such as savoy cabbage, curly kale, chard.
- Use 100 g (4 oz) of wholemeal pasta.
- You need 1/4-1/2 bunch of fresh basil (optional).
- Take of Parmesan cheese.
Steps to make Minestrone Soup:
- Peel and finely chop the garlic..
- Peel and finely chop the onion..
- Trim and roughly chop the carrots..
- Trim and roughly chop the celery..
- Trim and roughly chop the courgette/zucchini..
- Then add the vegetables to a large bowl..
- Cut the ends off the leeks, quarter them lengthways..
- Wash them under running water….
- Then cut into 1cm slices. Add to the bowl..
- Scrub and dice the potato..
- Drain the cannellini beans, then set aside..
- Finely slice the bacon..
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large saucepan over a medium heat. Add the bacon….
- And fry gently for 2 minutes, or until golden..
- Add the garlic, onion, carrots, celery, courgette/zucchini, and leek..
- Add oregano and bay..
- Cook slowly for about 15 minutes, or until the vegetables have softened, stirring occasionally..
- Add the potato, cannellini beans and plum tomatoes…..
- Then pour in the vegetable stock..
- Stir well, breaking up the tomatoes with the back of a spoon..
- Cover with a lid and bring everything slowly to the boil, then simmer for about 30 minutes, or until the potato is cooked through. Meanwhile….
- Remove and discard any tough stalks bits from the greens….
- Then roughly chop..
- Using a rolling pin, bash the pasta into pieces while it’s still in the packet or wrap in a clean tea towel..
- To check the potato is cooked, pierce a chunk of it with a sharp knife – if it pierces easily, it’s done..
- Add the greens and pasta to the pan, and cook for a further 10 minutes, or until the pasta is al dente..
- This translates as ‘to the tooth’ and means that it should be soft enough to eat, but still have a bit of a bite and firmness to it..
- Try some just before the time is up to make sure you cook it perfectly..
- Add a splash more stock or water to loosen, if needed..
- Pick over the basil leaves (if using) and stir through..
- Season to taste with sea salt and black pepper, then serve with a grating of Parmesan and a slice of wholemeal bread, if you like..
If you find this Minestrone Soup recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.