Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. There are many illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from conditions such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a healthier way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, however, merely making a few minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is beneficial for your skin, among other things. While you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. You will be sure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is not hard to start making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to the masoor dal curry (lentil soup) recipe. To make the masoor dal curry (lentil soup) you only need 24 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup):
- Provide 1 of To pressure cook.
- Use 3/4 cup of masoor dal.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of asafoetida powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of fennel seed powdered.
- Take 1/4 tsp of cumin seed powdered.
- Provide 2 cups of water.
- Provide to taste of salt.
- Take 2 of To Garnish.
- You need 1 number of green chilli pepper slitted.
- Provide 2 numbers of tomato chopped.
- Take 1 tsp of chopped ginger.
- Provide 2 tsps of chopped garlic.
- Provide 1 number of onions diced.
- Provide 2 tsps of coriander leaves chopped.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper ground.
- You need 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cumin powder.
- Take 2 tbsps of sunflower oil.
- You need 2 numbers of clove.
- Take 2 numbers of cardamom.
- You need 1 number of cinnamon stick.
- Use to taste of salt.
Instructions to make The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup):
- Wash the dal. Add the ingredients 1 to pressure cooker. Keep it in medium flame..
- After the first whistle, keep for another 8 minutes in low flame. Switch it off and wait until the full pressure is released..
- Meanwhile, you can prepare the garnish..
- First, put the pan on the stove. Pour oil. When hot, add clove, cardamom, cinnamon, onion, garlic, ginger, chilli..
- Saute it until onion turn transparent and soft. Add the Masala mix and stir till the aroma of the masala comes out..
- To it add the tomatoes, stir until it is soft and the juices evapourate..
- Add a pinch of salt. Note that you have already added salt in pressure cooked ingredients. So add salt accordingly..
- To the pressure cooked dal, add the garnish and bring it to boil. Add coriander leaves..
- Now it is ready to be served. It goes well with Chapathi/roti/basmati rice..
If you find this The Masoor Dal curry (Lentil Soup) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.