Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Kovakkai Poriyal / Tindora Fry / Ivygourd sabji recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kovakkai Poriyal / Tindora Fry / Ivygourd sabji recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Snacks.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of health and wellbeing. Whenever we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the detrimental ones we usually feel much better. A salad helps us feel a lot better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Sometimes it’s tough to find healthier foods for something to eat between meals. You can spend hours at the food market searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these simple healthy foods if you want an energy-boosting snack.
Yogurt is a snack many individuals take for granted. Eating fat free yogurt in place of a wholesome larger lunch just isn’t a good idea. Low fat yogurt helps make a wonderful snack, nevertheless. It is a protein-rich supply of wholesome vitamins and minerals. Yogurt is often eaten to help maintain the digestive system considering that it is so easily digestible by most people. Try putting in some nutritious nuts to unsweetened low fat yogurt for a healthy snack idea. It’s an simple way to minimize sugar while still enjoying a delicious snack.
You will find lots of healthy snack foods you can choose that do not involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the decision to be healthy, it’s uncomplicated to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kovakkai poriyal / tindora fry / ivygourd sabji recipe. To cook kovakkai poriyal / tindora fry / ivygourd sabji you only need 10 ingredients and 13 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to cook Kovakkai Poriyal / Tindora Fry / Ivygourd sabji:
- You need 8 of Ivygourd.
- Take 1 of Onion – medium chopped.
- Take 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of Kashmiri chili powder.
- Prepare of Salt – as needed.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Mustard.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Urad dal.
- Use 6 – 7 of Curry leaves.
- You need 2 tbsps of Oil.
- Provide of dal Roasted gram (pottukaai) – 2 tsps.
Steps to make Kovakkai Poriyal / Tindora Fry / Ivygourd sabji:
- Wash and slice ivygourd into thin round slices. The thinner it is, the faster it cooks.
- Chop onion finely. Powder the roasted gram dal and keep it aside..
- Heat a thick bottomed pan. Add 1 tbsp oil.
- When the oil is heated, add mustard and wait for it to splutter.
- Add urad dal and curry leaves. Let the dal turn light brown.
- Add onions and saute till it turns transparent.
- Add sliced ivygourd and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, chilli powder and salt. Mix well.
- Add 1/4 cup of water. Reduce the flame to low.
- Cover and cook for 20-25 minutes. Open every 5 minutes and mix well.
- When the ivygourd slices are cooked well and shrinks in size, add the powdered roasted gram dal and 1 tbsp oil.
- Increase the flame to medium and mix thoroughly for 2 min. The powdered dal will turn to light brown. Switch off.
- Serve hot with sambhar rice or rasam rice..
If you find this Kovakkai Poriyal / Tindora Fry / Ivygourd sabji recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.