Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup recipe, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Treats that offer You Energy.
We all know that having healthy foods can help us feel better in our bodies. When we eat more healthy meals and a lesser amount of of the detrimental ones we generally feel much better. Eating more fresh vegetables helps you feel a lot better than eating a piece of pizza. Deciding on healthier food choices can be tough when it is snack time. Shopping for goodies can be a challenge because you have so many options. Here are some healthy snacks which you can use when you need a quick pick me up.
Whole grain meals are an outstanding choice for a fast balanced snack. A bit of whole wheat toast, for example is a great snack in the morning hours. Chips and crackers made from whole grains can be excellent for quick snacks to eat on the go. Make the modification from refined products including white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You will not have to look far to discover a wide range of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. Being healthy doesnt need to be a battle-if you let it, it can be quite easy.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to potato, ham and cheese soup recipe. You can cook potato, ham and cheese soup using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup:
- You need 3 cup of yellow potatoes peeled and cubed.
- Take 3 tbsp of butter.
- Get 1 small of sweet onion chopped.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of all-purpose flour.
- Use 3 cup of milk.
- Take 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese.
- Prepare 1 cup of ham diced.
- Take 1 of salt to taste.
- Provide 1 of pepper to taste.
Steps to make Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup:
- Using a medium sized stock pot, boil potatoes until desired tenderness. Reserve 1 cup of water from boiled potatoes then drain..
- In a small frying pan, sauté onion in butter until tender and translucent..
- Add onions, butter and flour to stock pot and stir together over low heat to make a roux (thickener)..
- Add potatoes, reserved liquid, milk, cheese and Ham to stock pot and simmer on medium heat 30-40 minutes stirring frequently until thickened..
- Serve with cornbread or fresh baked rolls. Garnish with shredded cheese..
If you find this Potato, Ham and Cheese Soup recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.