Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Need To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in health conditions such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a healthier way of living and nonetheless it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that many people feel it will take a lot of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by implementing a few simple changes.
These changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is healthy for your skin, among other things. If you currently are consuming lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
All in all, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to sig's potato, leek and cabbage soup recipe. You can have sig's potato, leek and cabbage soup using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup:
- Get 150 grams of of vegetarian , spicy chicken flavour prices ( if making vegetarian suopl).
- Get 8 of rashers streaky smoked bacon (if making meaty soup.).
- Use 1 tbsp of oil of choice , not olive though.
- You need 2 medium of leeks, sliced finely and washed.
- Provide 1 large of stick of celery.
- Take 500 grams of of a floury potato of choice.
- Take 1 small of savoy cabbage about 300 grams.
- Get 2 of large handful of baby spinach leaves.
- Prepare 2 of tablespoons of creme cheese ( philly type ).
- You need 1 1/4 liter of of good vegetable or chicken stock.
- Prepare 1 pinch of each or a little more of salt and pepper.
- Get 2 tbsp of pouring cream (optional ).
Steps to make Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup:
- In a pot deep enough to hold your soup, fry either the bacon or the vegetarian chicken pieces until they are crisped up. Take a slotted spoon and remove from pot set aside.
- In the same oil add the finely sliced leeks and sliced celery, cook on a low heat for about 10 minutes or so to soften them make sure they don't burn.
- Chopped the potatoes and add to the pot , and the stock of choice cook for another ten minutes, add the cabbage and spinach leaves then blend all together until it is a smooth soup , keep some of the darker leaves from the cabbage aside . To add shredded about five minutes before serving.
- Now add the cream cheese and the salt and pepper..
- If it is not creamy enough add some more cream cheese or a couple of tablespoons of pouring cream..
- Serve the soup with the the set aside fired pieces of choice sprinkled over the top and some toasted or crusty bread.or as here with chives and dried chilli pepper.
If you find this Sig's Potato, Leek and Cabbage Soup recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.