Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Toni's Shepherds Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Toni's Shepherds Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons why this is so. The overall economy is affected by the number of men and women who are suffering from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, though, simply making a few small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These more wholesome food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil contains monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also great for your skin. It may be that you already believe that you eat fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you purchase these. If at all possible, buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and veggies, you can also eat foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being picked at the right time.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to toni's shepherds pie recipe. You can have toni's shepherds pie using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to make Toni's Shepherds Pie:
- Take 1 lb of ground beef.
- Use 1 lb of ground veal.
- Prepare 4 of russet potatoes.
- Take 1/3 cup of red wine.
- Get 1/3 cup of beef broth.
- Use 2 tbsp of mayo (Hellmans).
- Get 1 cup of frozen mixed peas & carrots.
- Get 1 medium of yellow onion.
- Provide 2 clove of garlic minced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of white mushrooms.
- Get 1 stick of unsalted butter.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of whole milk.
- Take 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese freshly grated.
- Get 1/2 tsp of onion powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Provide 1 tbsp of salt.
- Use 1 tbsp of black pepper.
- Take 1 tsp of fresh thyme.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh rosemary.
- Use 2 of frozen pie crusts.
- Prepare 2 tsp of evoo.
Instructions to make Toni's Shepherds Pie:
- let pie crusts thaw at room temp, slice mushrooms, slice onion, mince garlic cloves, chop thyme and rosemary..
- peel potatoes, cut into square inches, rinse clean, boil water add salt, then once water is boiled add potatoes.
- heat a large frying pan over medium heat add 2 tspn of evoo & 2 tspn of butter, then add sliced onions & mushrooms a pinch of salt & pepper and brown mushrooms & cook onions until their translucent..
- then add 1 lb of ground beef and 1 lb of ground veal add garlic powder, onion powder, pinch of pepper, & pinch of salt, brown meat, then add frozen mixed peas & carrots, red wine & beef broth cook to a simmer on medium low heat till absorbed, then add minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, & set to side..
- preheat oven now at 400°.
- drain potatoes, add back to pot add 1/2 stick of butter, 2 tbsp of mayo, pinch of salt & pepper, onion & garlic powder to taste, 1/2 cup of milk and smash & mix by hand till smooth yet a tad bit chunky for texture, then add Parmesan cheese and mix lightly..
- now add even scoops of meat & veggie filling to pie crusts, then on top of that generously add potatoes to the top of filling and smooth around with spoon, place in preheated oven till the top of potatoes get golden brown and trimming of pie crust is golden browned, take out let sit covered with a tinfoil tent for about 10 to 15 mins, cut each pie into fours and serve.
If you find this Toni's Shepherds Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.