Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, if you’re looking for White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Daily Life.
Healthy eating is nowadays much more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who are suffering from diseases such as hypertension, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all likelihood, most people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. In reality, though, just making a couple of small changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
These healthier food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are known as the good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be good for your skin because it is a great source of vitamin E. Although you may already eat a lot of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. If at all possible, go for organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly chemical substances. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are oftentimes lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to white bean and swiss chard egusi soup with seed coated polenta bites recipe. You can cook white bean and swiss chard egusi soup with seed coated polenta bites using 20 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites:
- You need 1 Cup of Small White beans soaked for 2 hours.
- Get 3 tablespoons of coconut oil.
- Provide 1 of medium onion, finely chopped.
- Use 3 of Small Red chillies, finely chopped with their seeds.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of dried mixed herbs.
- Provide 4 Cups of Green Swiss Chard (Spinach), vein removed and chopped.
- You need 2 of Jam tomatoes, sliced.
- Provide 2 Cubes of vegetable stock.
- Use 500 ml of hot water.
- Provide 3 tablespoons of oat bran.
- Use 3 tablespoons of ground egusi.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of dried garlic flakes.
- Take 1/2 Cup of polenta.
- Prepare 2 Cups of boiled water.
- Provide Pinch of salt.
- Provide 1 teaspoon of butter.
- You need 3 tablespoons of mixed seeds.
- Get 1/2 teaspoon of herbal salt.
- Use 1 Tablespoon of coconut oil.
- Prepare 2 Cloves of fresh garlic finely chopped.
Instructions to make White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites:
- Method for the soup: Boil the beans in a pot with 2 cups of boiling water. Put the lid on, boil until the water dried out. Add another cup of boiling water and boil again until the water dried out..
- Reduce the heat to medium and add to the beans the coconut oil, onion, chillies and 2 cloves fresh garlic. Sauté for 15 minutes..
- Add the mixed herbs and Swiss chard. Cook for another 15 minutes..
- Dilute the one vegetable stock cube in 500ml hot water and add this to the pot. Add the sliced tomatoes. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes..
- Add the second vegetable stock cube directly to the pot – no need to dilute. Add the egusi powder and garlic flakes. Simmer for another 15 minutes and switch the stove off. The soup is ready..
- Method for the Polenta bites: Add the boiled water to a pot on low heat. Add salt and polenta, whisking to avoid lumps..
- Add butter and let it cook for 20 minutes with the lid on..
- Pour the polenta into a container and let it cool off completely. It will harden..
- Add seeds and herbal salt into a bowl..
- Slice polenta into cubes and rub the cubes in the seeds and salt mixture..
- Heat the coconut oil on high and fry the polenta until seeds are golden brown..
- Serve soup in a bowl and add Polenta bites on top..
If you find this White Bean and Swiss Chard Egusi Soup with seed coated Polenta bites recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.