Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are many reasons for this. The overall economy is affected by the number of people who suffer from health problems such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Even though we’re incessantly being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. A lot of people typically think that healthy diets require much work and will significantly change how they live and eat. In reality, however, simply making a couple of minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use for cooking. Olive oil, for example, is loaded with monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that counter the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also has vitamin E which is good for your skin, among other things. If you presently are consuming plenty of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re getting them and if it’s the best source. If you choose organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. If you can locate a good local supplier of fresh fruit and leafy greens, you can also consume foods that have not lost their nutrients as a result of storage or not being harvested at the right time.
As you can see, it’s not hard to begin integrating healthy eating into your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to indonesian yellow chicken soup (soto ayam) recipe. To make indonesian yellow chicken soup (soto ayam) you only need 20 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam):
- Provide 1 of whole kampong chicken, take out the skin (optional but i prefer less oily soup).
- Get of boiled eggs.
- Get of shredded cabbage (boil a while till soften).
- Prepare of beansprout (boil a while, try not to overcook it).
- Get glass of noodle/mung bean noodle (boil till softened).
- Use of tomatoes (cut into pieces).
- Provide of spring onion (for garnish).
- Get of fried shallot (for garnish).
- Use of lime, sweet soya sauce and chilli.
- Get of Put in the blender to make a paste (spices paste) :.
- Provide 8 of shallots.
- Prepare 4 of garlics.
- Use 4 cm of fresh turmeric (i used turmeric powder as i dont have the fresh one at home, but my soup looks a bit pale).
- Use 4 cm of fresh ginger.
- Use 3 pcs of candle nuts.
- Prepare 1 tsp of corriander seeds.
- Take of Additional spices: (no need to put in blender).
- Use 2 pcs of bay leaves.
- Prepare 5 pcs of lime leaves.
- Take 4 stalks of lemongrass (smashed).
Instructions to make Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam):
- Homemade chilli (super spicy): 10 chilli padi, cut into small pieces. Boil chopped chillies in a little bit of water till very soft, reserve the water (do not let the water to dry up, otherwise will get burnt). Mashed with fork. Add salt, sugar, chicken seasoning powder to taste..
- Heat up 2 tbsp of oil, stir fry the paste spices till fragrant. Add in the remaining spices (bay leaves, lime leaves and lemongrass). Stir fry for an additional 2-3 mins..
- Boil about 4 lt of water. Add the chicken and the all the spices (paste and remaining spices). Cooked till chicken is soft. (stove pressure cooker about 15 mins, no pressure cooker maybe an hour).
- Add salt, pepper, chicken seasoning to taste..
- To serve: In a bowl, arrange the glass noddle, cabbage, bean sprout, chopped tomatoes, boiled egg, shredded chicken meat, spring onion, fried shallots, and pour the soup over it. We like to add: black sweet soya sauce, lime and chilli 🙂 Enjoy!.
If you find this Indonesian Yellow Chicken Soup (Soto Ayam) recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.