Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Keema Cottage Pie recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Keema Cottage Pie recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Keema Cottage Pie recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Wholesome Vitality Snacks.
Healthy and balanced eating helps bring about a feeling of wellness. When we eat more healthy meals and less of the unhealthy ones we usually feel much better. A little bit of pizza does not have you feeling as healthy as ingesting a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, however, in terms of eating between meals. Shopping for snacks can be a challenge because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack food.
If you are not hypersensitive to nuts, try eating some almonds! As an all-in-one vitality booster, almonds offer many health advantages. Almonds can be a natural way to obtain B vitamins as well as other vitamins and minerals. Almonds, like turkey, have the enzyme tryptophan which may often allow you to be sleepy. But once you eat almonds, you don’t feel like you need to sleep a while. Alternatively they will merely help your muscles and digestive system relax while also helping you feel less frustrated. Occasionally eating almonds can even be a mood booster!
A large variety of instant health snacks is easily available. Determining to live a healthy way of life can be as simple as you want it to be.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to keema cottage pie recipe. To cook keema cottage pie you need 24 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Keema Cottage Pie:
- Provide of For the potato topping:.
- Use 530 g of potatoes, par boiled until fork tender,.
- Get 1 knob of butter,.
- Get 1 dash of whole milk,.
- You need 1 tsp of dried coriander leaf, or a handful fresh corriander,.
- Get 1 clove of garlic, crushed,.
- Use of Salt and white pepper to season.
- Use of For the keema pie filling:.
- You need 200 g of beef mince, (I used 12% fat frozen for better texture),.
- Take 1 of onion, chopped,.
- Get 100 g of finely chopped carrot,.
- Provide 3 cloves of garlic, crushed,.
- You need 2 handfuls of peas,.
- Provide 1 tbsp of malt vinegar,.
- You need 2 of heaped tsp medium curry powder,.
- Take 1/2 tsp of tumeric,.
- Use 1/4 tsp of ground ginger,.
- You need 1/2 tsp of red chilli flakes, or to taste,.
- You need 1 tsp of dried corriander leaf,.
- Prepare 1 of beef stock cube,.
- Get 1 of level tsp sugar, or sugar replacement,.
- Use of Salt and white pepper to season,.
- Take of Cooking oil or ghee for frying.
- Take 1.5 pints of water (this may vary, see recipe).
Steps to make Keema Cottage Pie:
- Add the cooking oil to a medium saucepan and bring up to heat. Add in the onions and malt vinegar. Gently fry for a few minutes until they begin to soften then add in the diced carrots and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add in the ground ginger, curry powder, corriander leaf, red chilli flakes and tumeric. Stir through and fry off the spices for a few seconds..
- Add the beef mince. Fry for a couple of minutes then crumble in the beef stock and add the sugar. Stir everything together. Once the beef is browned pour in enough water to cover all the ingredients by about 1cm and bring to a simmer. Add a lid to the saucepan..
- Prepare the mash potatoes by adding the milk, crushed garlic, corriander leaf and butter to a large saucepan. Heat until the butter melts and stir through the milk. Add in the par boiled potatoes and using a potato masher mash until no lumps remain. Remove from the heat then blend further using a wooden spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper..
- Preheat the oven to 180 (fan). Check on the keema curry. Once thickened and reduced down remove from the heat. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then ladel into an oven proof dish. Spoon over the mashed potatoes. Smooth neatly over and right up to all edges so there's no gaps..
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes until the top is light and golden and a thin crust had formed. Allow to cool for a couple of minutes then eat and enjoy! :).
If you find this Keema Cottage Pie recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.