Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, if you’re looking for Meatpies and Sour mayonnaise dip recipe, look no further! We provide you only the best Meatpies and Sour mayonnaise dip recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meatpies and Sour mayonnaise dip recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Opting to eat healthily provides incredible benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of individuals who are dealing with health problems such as hypertension, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to lead a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. A lot of people typically assume that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several simple changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
These more nutritious food options can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to reduce bad cholesterol. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. If you currently consume lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you go for organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
As you can see, it is not hard to begin to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to meatpies and sour mayonnaise dip recipe. To make meatpies and sour mayonnaise dip you only need 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Meatpies and Sour mayonnaise dip:
- Provide 250 g of flour.
- You need 100 g of cubed cold butter (not too hard).
- You need 1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar (very optional).
- Use 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Use 1/8 cup of very cold water.
- Get 2 of eggs (one for the dough and one as eggwash).
- Use of Sauce Thickener or Roux.
- Provide 2 Tbsp of butter.
- You need 2 Tbsp of flour.
- Prepare of Pie Filling.
- Provide 200 g of minced beef.
- Provide 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Provide of Fresh chillies (i.e. habañero/kambuzi chili pepper).
- Get 1 of chopped white onion.
- Prepare 1 of cubed carrot.
- Provide 1 of golden potato cubed.
- Prepare 1 of chopped green bell pepper.
- Take 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Take 1/2 tsp of mild Rajah curry powder.
- Use 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Get 1/2 cup of Water.
- Use to taste of Salt.
- Use of Sour mayonnaise dip.
Steps to make Meatpies and Sour mayonnaise dip:
- Begin by making the ROUX: Heat butter in a saucepan. As is melts and starts bubbling, add the flour and stir continuously until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- To make the FILLING: Heat up oil on medium and sautee the onions until fragrant and soft. Stir in the chilli peppers.
- Add the beef and break up huge lumps of mince as it cooks. Add seasoning, close lid and cook until no longer pink (5 to 10minutes).
- Add carrots, green bell peppers, and carrots, stir to incorporate followed by water. Simmer for a few more minutes before stirring in the roux to thicken the sauce. Set aside to cool.
- While the filling cools, make the PASTRY: Thoroughly mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Then cube your soft cold butter and rub it into the flour mixture until crumbly resembling bread crumbs.
- Make a well in the crumbly mixture and pour one beaten egg into it. Mix it in but not too long.
- Add cold water to the dough and form into a ball (seal with a handful of flour if the mixture feels too wet). Wrap the ball in cling firm and refrigerate for 30minutes to let come together.
- While assembling the pies to your preferred shapes, preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once all pies are assembled, beat the other egg with a teaspoon of water and use it to brush the tops of the pies before baking.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the SOUR MAYONNAISE DIP: Follow my other recipe https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/13964541-sour-mayonnaise-dip?invite_token=PCbraJ7MESuA81hDrDYoQ15F&shared_at=1604259133.
- Enjoy warm or cold with a dipping sauce of your choice or any salsa.
If you find this Meatpies and Sour mayonnaise dip recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.