Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Caribbean patties for wimps recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Caribbean patties for wimps recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Treats.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in how we feel. If we eat more healthy snacks and less of the bad ones we usually feel much better. A salad allows us to feel better than a piece of pizza (physically in any case). Deciding on healthier food choices can be difficult when it’s snack time. You can spend several hours at the grocery store searching for an ideal snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you need an energy-boosting snack food.
Yogurt can be a snack many people neglect. Eating yogurt in place of a healthy larger lunch is not a good idea. You can’t beat yogurt when it comes to a nutritious snack though. Along with calcium, it is a good source of necessary protein and vitamin B. Yogurt is typically eaten to help preserve the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by many people. Yogurt combines beautifully with nuts and seeds. This minimizes your sugar consumption without reducing the taste of your snack.
You do not have to look far to locate a wide selection of healthy snacks that can be easily prepared. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s simple to find exactly what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to caribbean patties for wimps recipe. You can have caribbean patties for wimps using 18 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Caribbean patties for wimps:
- Get 500 g of plain flour.
- Use 140 g of butter, cold.
- You need 140 g of shortening/suet.
- Provide 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 tsp of sugar.
- Provide 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tbsp of malt vinegar.
- Provide of For the filling.
- Take 400 g of chicken/beef/turkey mince.
- Get 1/2 of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1 tsp of garlic purée (or a crushed clove).
- Provide 1 tsp of chilli powder.
- Take 1 tsp of paprika.
- Take 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Provide 1 tsp of allspice/mixed spice.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chilli flakes (or a scotch bonnet).
- Provide 1 tsp of curry powder.
- Take 1 tbsp of parsley.
Steps to make Caribbean patties for wimps:
- Make the crust first. Mix the flour, turmeric, sugar and salt then cut the butter into cubes and rub into the flour mix with your fingertips until it makes a breadcrumb like texture..
- Add in the shortening and vinegar and give a quick mix. Get about 250ml cold water and add a little bit at a time, mixing with your hands until you make a dough. You may not need all the water or you might need more.
- Roll out the dough to about a £1 coin thickness then leave in the fridge for about 30 mins while you make the filling..
- To make the filling, fry the onion and garlic in some oil. Add all the spices and fry for about 5 mins till the onion is soft..
- Add in the mince and cook for about 10 mins or until the mince has browned..
- Add the parsley, scotch bonnet if using and a couple of tbsps water and cook for a further 5 mins. Turn off the head and leave to cool..
- Take the pastry out of the fridge then use a large glass to cut out as many circles as you can. Pop the circles back into the fridge until the mince has cooled.
- When you are ready, preheat the oven to 190c and line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- Take a tablespoon of the filling and place it in the middle of the pastry circle. Fold it over to make a half moon shape then press down the sides first with your fingers then with a fork. Keep going until you either run out of pastry or filling (or both!).
- Place as many as can fit on your baking sheet with a couple of cm apart and then bake in the oven for 30mins. You may need to do this in batches..
- Once cooked they should dry on the outside and if you tap the bottom they’ll be hollow sounding..
- Transfer them to a cooling rack. They can be eaten hot or cold. I like them cold but sometimes you can’t resist fresh out of the oven.
If you find this Caribbean patties for wimps recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.