Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Kheema matar recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Kheema matar recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kheema matar recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than before and rightfully so. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to lead a more healthy lifestyle and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, though, to make some minor changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
These changes can be done with all kinds of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you put on bread. Olive oil, for instance, has monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil can likewise be good for your skin as it is an excellent source of vitamin E. Even though you may already eat a great deal of fruits and veggies, you may want to consider how fresh they are. Organic foods are a superb choice and will reduce any possible exposure to toxic chemical substances. Looking for a local supplier of fresh vegetables and fruits will give you the option of eating foods that still have most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kheema matar recipe. To cook kheema matar you only need 16 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to make Kheema matar:
- Use 2 tablespoons of ghee (clarified butter).
- Provide 1 teaspoon of cumin seeds.
- You need 1 of onion, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of curry powder.
- Get 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 1 (1 inch) of piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated.
- You need 2 of bay leaves.
- Provide 1 (16 ounce) of can diced tomatoes.
- Provide 1 tablespoon of chilli powder.
- Get 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Take 1/8 teaspoon of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- Use 1 teaspoon of ground coriander.
- You need 1 pound of ground beef.
- Prepare 2 cups of frozen peas.
Steps to make Kheema matar:
- Melt ghee in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add cumin seeds; stir until fragrant and starting to crackle, about 1 minute. Stir in onion, jalapeno pepper, curry, garlic, ginger, and bay leaves. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onion starts to soften, about 5 minutes..
- Pour tomatoes into the skillet; stir to combine, about 2 minutes. Add chilli powder, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and salt; stir thoroughly. Add beef; cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up the meat, until no longer pink, about 5 minutes..
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until flavors combine, about 15 minutes. Add frozen peas, cover, and simmer until heated through, about 10 minutes. For a thicker consistency, increase heat to medium and simmer curry, uncovered, until sauce.
If you find this Kheema matar recipe useful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.