Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Ofada stew & breaded oven baked chicken recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ofada stew & breaded oven baked chicken recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons for this. There are a lot of health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from diseases such as heart disease and hypertension. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a more healthy way of living but then again, you are also being encouraged to rely on convenience foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out several simple changes.
You can make similar alterations with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For example, monounsaturated fat like as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. It could be that you already believe that you consume fruit and leafy greens but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful chemical substances. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier as you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
To sum up, it is easy to start making healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ofada stew & breaded oven baked chicken recipe. To cook ofada stew & breaded oven baked chicken you only need 22 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Ofada stew & breaded oven baked chicken:
- Prepare 2-4 of chicken pieces (duhhh).
- You need of rice.
- Take 3 of eggs.
- Provide of your choice of vegetables (I use mange-tout, baby corn, spring onions and baby brocolli).
- Get 3 of Anaheim peppers.
- Use 2-3 of red bell peppers.
- Provide of Panko bread crumbs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of coriander.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of cumin.
- Get 3/4 of thyme.
- Use 1 tsp of cinnamon, chilli flakes, parsley and paprika.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of chopped garlic.
- Provide 1/2 tbsp of chopped ginger.
- Get 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- Get of rosemary (optional, but helps with taste, hmmn hmnn mnn).
- Use of for the ofada stew:.
- Provide 2-3 of maggi/knorr bouillon cubes.
- You need 1/2 of – 1 tbsp crayfish.
- Prepare 3/4 tbsp of Iru.
- Use 1/2 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1 of – 2 tsp salt.
- Prepare 150 of – 200ml palm oil.
Instructions to make Ofada stew & breaded oven baked chicken:
- Ok, First step is to season your chicken and leave to marinade anywhere from 3 hours to overnight. Then when that is all done, bring out your chicken and dip into egg, then into bread crumbs, then sprinkle coriander on it and toss into oven. (180 d.F for about 45 minutes. I prefer my meat not too moist, so I add little oil and tend to use a cloth to dab out the extra moisture in-between cooking)..
- Boil your rice! done! moving on!.
- Steam or sauté your vegetables! done! moving on! we’re making time here aren’t we? I LAV IT!.
- Now, time for the stew we have all been waiting for. For your Ofada stew, cut up your Anaheim peppers and bell peppers and blend slightly rough in a blender, with some added water to help the peppers blend properly..
- Once blended, get your pot/pan and put into it your blended mix, and leave on medium heat for a while, until the fluid has dried up and all you are left with is a dry pepper mix. This allows the pepper to really soak up the palm oil and seasonings and also, your stew does not have taste stolen from it by excess fluid. Refer to the image attached.
- Now, in the same pan/pot or a new one if you’d like, add your palm oil and leave on medium heat for 5-6 minutes, it will start to smoke, don’t worry, this is just the bleaching process. Now add Iru and chopped onions and fry for about 5 minutes, (at this point, if you were doing it with assorted meat, this is where you would add them to fry, they will absorb the oil, but eventually release it back). After frying your Iru and onions for 5 minutes, add your crayfish, salt and other seasonings..
- Leave to fry-cook for another 2 minutes, then add your dry pepper mix. The mix will cook just like if you were using meat, it will absorb the oil, cook, and then release it back to the top, once you start to see your oil rise to the top, it means your stew is ready. At this point, you can either take it off, dish it and eat it because you cannot wait any longer as the suspense is killing you and the family, or you could just cook it for 5 more minutes to darken more..
- That is it, ladies and gentlemen, and your finished stew should look something like this.
- Now go ahead and combine all and enjoy your meal. leave any comments below of what you think! your own recipes! how will you tweak this? do you have a way to make it better? or do you just want to tell me I am awesome!.
If you find this Ofada stew & breaded oven baked chicken recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.