Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Goan fish curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Goan fish curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
The benefits of healthy eating are now being given more publicity than ever before and there are good reasons why this is so. There are numerous health conditions related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get us to follow a healthier way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes a lot of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can change their eating habits for the better by carrying out a few modest changes.
One way to deal with this to begin seeing some results is to understand that you do not have to change everything straightaway or that you have to altogether eliminate certain foods from your diet. If you wish to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get used to the taste of these foods, you will discover that you’re eating more healthily than you did. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to revert to your old diet.
Thus, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to goan fish curry recipe. To cook goan fish curry you need 19 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Goan fish curry:
- Get 4 of cardamom pods,seeds only.
- Get 1 tsp of coriander seeds.
- Get 2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- You need 2 tbsp of grated unsweetened coconut.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Use 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Use 4 cloves of garlic,crushed.
- You need 2 tsp of ginger,chopped.
- Take 2 of mild red chilies.
- You need 1 tsp of each ground cumin,turmeric,paprika.
- Use 1/2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 2 tsp of tamarind paste.
- Provide 1 tsp of ground cinnamon.
- Prepare 580 ml of coconut milk.
- Take 680 g of firm – fleshed white fish fillets,cut into 4 – inch pieces.
- Use 1 of small potato,peeled and diced quite small.
- Provide 12 of large prawns, peeled and deveined.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of freshly chopped coriander.
- Take 2 of tomatoes,chopped to serve.
Steps to make Goan fish curry:
- In small saucepan over medium heat, dry -fry the cardamom seeds, coriander seeds and mustard seeds,until they begin to jump.Remove from heat, tip into a mortar and grind to a powder with the pestle.set aside.Add the coconut to the saucepan and toast until golden brown.remove from heat and set aside.In a medium frying pan,heat the oil and cook the onion for 5 minutes.Add garlic,ginger,chilies,cumin,turmeric,paprika, garam masala and cook for 2 minutes.Tip in the ground spices,.
- Toasted coconut and tamarind paste.Transfer to the slow cooker,and add the coconut milk.Stir together to combine.Place the fish and potato in the sauce, cover and cook on low for 4 hours.Thirty minutes before the end of cooking time,add the prawns and stir gently to coat in sauce.Before serving,adjust the seasoning as needed,stir in the coriander and garnish with chopped tomatoes..
If you find this Goan fish curry recipe useful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.