Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Cool & Hot Beef Pie Medley recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Cool & Hot Beef Pie Medley recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Cool & Hot Beef Pie Medley recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Energy Boosting Snack foods.
Enjoying healthy foods makes all the difference in the way you feel. We tend to feel way less gross whenever we increase our intake of healthy foods and reduce our consumption of unhealthy foods. A piece of pizza will not make you feel as healthy as consuming a fresh green salad. This can be a problem, nevertheless, when it comes to eating between goodies. Shopping for snacks can be a struggle because you have countless options. There’s nothing like one of these brilliant healthy foods when you really need an energy-boosting snack.
Just about the most popular treats is natural yogurt. Often people choose to eat yogurt over a healthy lunch which is not the best idea. As a food, however, yogurt is one of the best things you are able to reach for. It contains a great deal of calcium, proteins, and B vitamins. Yogurt is frequently eaten to help maintain the digestive system because it is so easily digestible by most people. Easy hint: select unsweetened yogurt and add in walnuts or flaxseeds. This decreases your sugar absorption without minimizing the taste of your snack.
You will find lots of healthy snacks you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to cool & hot beef pie medley recipe. To make cool & hot beef pie medley you only need 17 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Cool & Hot Beef Pie Medley:
- Provide of <<For The Pastry>>.
- Get 225 g of Plain Flour.
- Get 100 g of unsalted butter.
- Use 1/2 cup of Water.
- Use Pinch of salt.
- You need of <<For The Filling>>.
- Get 300 g of Beef Mince.
- Get 1 of Medium Onion.
- Prepare 1 of Sweet bell Pepper.
- Use 2 tins of Baked Beans.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Curry Powder.
- Get 1 tbsp of Balsamic Vinegar.
- Use of Crushed/Dried Chilli.
- Use 1 tbsp (2 cloves) of Garlic.
- Get 2 tbsp of Barbecue sauce.
- You need of Salt and Pepper as required.
- Use 1 tbsp of honey.
Instructions to make Cool & Hot Beef Pie Medley:
- Ok so first you need to get the ingredients for the Pastry. Start by sieving the flour into a large bowl and add the butter..
- Mix the butter and flour together with your fingertips until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs as shown below..
- Add a pinch of salt to the mixture and then add as much water as needed while mixing together with your hands until you have a nice ball, coat the ball with flour and knead the mixture lightly on a side. Now wrap the Pastry in cling film and place in the fridge for 10 minutes..
- Once the Pastry has been chilled cut the pastry ball into half, put one aside and cut roughly another third off, this will be for the lid, repeat this process with the other half. Now you need to roll out all the bits of pastry, two to fill two baking tins and the smaller two for the lids, line the tins with buttered baking paper and make the pie shape, trimming the edges and forking the the bottom..
- The choice is really yours as to what you put into your pie as mine was with the basics. I started by sautéing the onions until soft then added the mince, half the curry powder, half the garlic and the bell pepper I then cooked until all the mince was cooked. Meanwhile in another pan put the beans in and bring to the boil, add the salt, pepper, garlic, curry powder, honey and balsamic vinegar and cook for 5 mintues. Now add the bean mixture to the mince and cook until it has thickened slightly..
- Remove from the heat and place half the mixture into one of the pies using a slotted spoon to keep as much of the juice as possible in the pan and top with a healthy portion of cheese. Put the pan back on the heat and add the barbecue sauce and chillies until it has a bit of a kick and a sweeter flavour..
- Repeat the process filling the second pie leaving as much juice as possible for the sauce and layering cheese on the top. Place the lids on the pies cutting off any excess and sealing the edges by pinching all the way around. Pierce the lid and then with the remaining pastry roll out and make a chilli shape and place on the Hot Pie. Drizzle the remaining honey over each of the pies to add a cool effect..
- There should also be enough pastry left to make two small cups and two small rolls which you should shape like below..
- Place the pies in the oven at around 200'c for around 25 minutes, they will be done when they are crispy and browned slightly. Remove from oven and trays and allow to cool for 5 minutes..
- When serving fill the small pastry bowls with the Hot sauce and decorate with parsley..
- When serving the cooler of the pies the hot sauce makes for a nice flavour contrast on the plate..
- Their will be plenty of pie left over so if more pastry bowls are needed just add a little more flour and butter at the beginning to make more, makes 8 descent sized portions with listed ingredients..
- Hope you enjoy my recipe, My first recipe I might add so if you like what you see follow me for more in the future :-).
If you find this Cool & Hot Beef Pie Medley recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.