Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Jamaican Beef Patties recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Jamaican Beef Patties recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Jamaican Beef Patties recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Choosing to eat healthily provides marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are numerous diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure. No matter where you look, people are encouraging you to live a healthier way of living but on the other hand, you are also being encouraged to rely on fast foods that can affect your health in a damaging way. People typically assume that healthy diets call for a lot of work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. It is possible, however, to make several small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. For instance, monounsaturated fat such as olive oil can help counter the bad cholesterol in your diet. It is also a rich source of Vitamin E which has numerous benefits and is also terrific for your skin. If you currently consume plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Finding a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Therefore, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to jamaican beef patties recipe. To cook jamaican beef patties you need 26 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to cook Jamaican Beef Patties:
- Provide of Spicy Mince with Homemade Pattie Dough.
- You need 1 of onion (finely sliced).
- Get 2 tbsp of Ghee/Oil.
- Use 500 g of Beef Mince.
- Provide 1 bunch of Spring Onions.
- Get 2 of Jalapeños diced up small.
- Take Handful of Dhania.
- Get 2 teaspoons of salt.
- Use 2 teaspoons of DhanaJeero.
- Get 2 teaspoons of All Spice (Curry Masala).
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of Red chillies.
- Use 2 teaspoons of Red Masala.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Ginger/ Garlic.
- Use 2 teaspoons of Garam Masala.
- You need 2 teaspoons of Lemon Juice.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Turmeric.
- Get 1 teaspoon of Nutmeg Powder.
- Provide of Pattie Dough.
- Use 3 cups of flour.
- You need 125 g of Butter (straight from fridge).
- Get 1 cup of ice water.
- Provide 1/2 Tsp of Salt.
- Provide 2 tbsp of sugar.
- Provide 2 tbsp of Turmeric Powder.
- Use 2 tbsp of ghee.
- Provide 1 Tsp of Vinegar (White).
Steps to make Jamaican Beef Patties:
- Braise onion (finely sliced) in 2 tbsp Ghee/Oil in a pot. Then add the Mince, spring onion, Jalapeños, dhania, salt, DhanaJeero, All Spice (Curry Masala), Red chillies, Red Masala, Ginger/ Garlic, Garam Masala, Lemon Juice, Turmeric, Nutmeg Powder. Cook till all water has evaporated. Let it cool.
- Pattie Dough: Mix the flour and butter, till it resembles breadcrumbs Add 1 cup ice cold water, salt, sugar, turmeric powder, ghee and vinegar. Slowly pour in. The dough must bind nicely, the texture should be firm yet stretchable (playdough) Cover with ClingWrap and leave in the fridge for 1 hour..
- To Assemble: Break dough in 4, keep unused portions in fridge. On floured surface, roll out the dough and cut out with a bowl or a large round cutter. Your choice of size. Fill the mince on one side and fold over, sealing with water around edges, and use a fork to bind together. Place on floured wax paper and freeze for an hour. Thaw 10 mins, brush with ghee and bake for 30 mins on 180'C. Serve with Cocoa Bread or Ketchup Enjoy💕💕.
If you find this Jamaican Beef Patties recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.