Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Leek soup with cream and curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Leek soup with cream and curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Leek soup with cream and curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
Healthy eating is nowadays a lot more popular than in the past and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get us to adopt a more healthy way of living and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. In all probability, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. It is possible, however, to make some small changes that can start to make a positive impact to our daily eating habits.
You can make similar changes with the oils that you use to cook your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It is also a good source of Vitamin E which has a lot of benefits and is also great for your skin. If you presently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and vegetables, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If at all possible, try buying organic produce that has not been sprayed with deadly pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the choice of eating foods that still contain most of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
As you can see, it is easy to begin making healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to leek soup with cream and curry recipe. To cook leek soup with cream and curry you need 10 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to make Leek soup with cream and curry:
- Take 400-600 grams of fresh leek stalks (medium thick have best taste).
- Prepare 1 of medium sized yellow onion.
- You need 2 of medium sized soft boiling potatoes.
- Provide 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 1 liter of stock (chicken, vegetable or beef).
- Get 100 ml of cooking cream.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cream butter.
- You need 1 teaspoon of yellow curry powder.
- Get of some fresh ground black pepper and sea salt.
- Prepare of electrical blender.
Steps to make Leek soup with cream and curry:
- Bring a small pan of water to a boil for the potatoes, they need longer than the soup so I always boil separate, not a must though.
- Peel and cut the potatoes in 1cm cubes, add to the boiling water with a little salt and boil for 20 minutes untill soft.
- Meanwhile cut the onion and garlic in small pieces and put aside.
- Cut the leek in the length and then in half rings, take the rings apart and wash off thoroughly all the sand and mud in a big sif, keep a few rings separate to garnish the soup when served.
- Put a 2-3 liter soup pan on medium heat with the cream butter.
- When the butter is hot add the onion and garlic and fry the slowly untill soft, when half done, add the curry powder.
- Now add the stock, the leek and the potato cubes and bring to a boil, then put the heat down and let it softly boil for 10 minutes.
- Use the electrical hand blender to blend the soup smooth.
- Add the cream, some pepper and salt and maybe a little more curry powder to taste and again heat up, when it boils it's done.
- Add to a bowl or soup plate and garnish with some leek rings.
If you find this Leek soup with cream and curry recipe valuable please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.