Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Beef Empanadas recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Beef Empanadas recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Strength Boosting Treats.
Wholesome eating promotes a feeling of well being. Whenever we eat more healthy foods and a smaller amount of the bad ones we usually feel much better. A little bit of pizza will not have you feeling as healthy as eating a fresh green salad. This is often a problem, however, in terms of eating between goodies. You can spend numerous hours at the supermarket searching for the perfect snack foods to allow you to feel healthy. Here are a few healthy snacks that can be used when you need a quick pick me up.
Certain foods made from whole grains are fantastic for a quick snack. Starting your day with a piece of whole grain toasted bread can give you that extra boost you need to get going. When you have to have a fast snack on your way out the door, don’t forget to look for whole grain chips, pretzels, and crackers. Make the shift from refined products just like white bread to the healthier whole grain choices.
You can find lots of healthy treats you can choose that never involve a lot of preparation or searching. When you make the determination to be healthy, it’s easy to find just what you need to be successful at it.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to beef empanadas recipe. To cook beef empanadas you only need 22 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Beef Empanadas:
- Provide 250 g of Flour (2 cups).
- Prepare 1 of Big Egg.
- Prepare 60 g of Salted Butter.
- Take 1/4 Teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- Provide 1 Tablespoon of White Vinegar.
- Get 1/3 Cup of Water.
- Use of Extra flour for dusting.
- Provide of Filling.
- You need 200 g of Minced Beef.
- Get 4 of Small Irish Potatoes (cooked).
- Provide 1 of Small Onion bulb (diced).
- Take 1 of Medium carrot (diced).
- Provide 1/2 Teaspoon of Garlic Powder.
- Get 1/4 Teaspoon of Oregano.
- You need 1/4 Teaspoon of Ground Chilli.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Curry.
- Get 1/4 Teaspoon of Thyme.
- Provide Pinch of Salt.
- Provide of Seasoning powder.
- You need 2 Tablespoons of Vegetable oil.
- Use of Oil for frying.
- Get 1/2 Tablespoon of flour or cornstarch plus 2 Tablespoons water.
Steps to make Beef Empanadas:
- To make the filling; place a pot or pan on medium flame. Add vegetable oil and saute the sliced onion for about 2 minutes. Add the minced meat and stir fry for about 3 minutes..
- Add the spices and stir fry for another minute. Add water or beef stock. Just enough to steam the beef and potatoes. Add the cooked potatoes and carrot. Add seasoning cube and salt to taste. Cover and allow to simmer for about 4-5 minutes..
- Make a slurry using 1/2 tablespoon flour and 2 table spoons water. This is added to the filling to keep it moist. Cook for about 2 minutes and take off the heat. Allow the filling to cool completely before using..
- To make the dough; sift flour and baking powder in a mixing bowl, rubb in the butter with your palm to achieve a crumb texture. Break in the egg and add the vinegar..
- Mix and add cold water gradually till a soft dough is formed. Knead for just 30 second. Do not over work the dough..
- Wrap with a cling film and place in the fridge to rest for at least an hour. After an hour, flour your work surface and roll out the dough. Use a round cutter to cut out circles..
- Place the filling at the middle of the cut out dough. Do don't over fill to avoid spilling. Fold the dough into half. And use a fork or your fingers to crimp the edges..
- You can decide to either bake them at this point. But remember to egg wash before placing in the oven. As for me, I fried them on medium heat until golden brown and crispy. Drain them on a paper towel and serve. Enjoy😍😉.
If you find this Beef Empanadas recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.