Hello everybody, welcome to our recipe site, looking for the perfect Meatpies and Sour mayonnaise dip recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Meatpies and Sour mayonnaise dip recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Meatpies and Sour mayonnaise dip recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Option.
Choosing to eat healthily offers marvelous benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. There are a number of diseases related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as individuals suffer from health problems such as heart disease and high blood pressure. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a healthier lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is very bad for our health. It is likely that lots of people feel it will take great effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. In reality, however, merely making a couple of small changes can positively affect daily eating habits.
The first change you need to make is to pay more attention to what you purchase when you go to the grocery because it is likely that you tend to pick up many of the things without thinking. As an example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One wholesome alternative that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. By mixing in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
All in all, it is not hard to start to make healthy eating a part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to meatpies and sour mayonnaise dip recipe. To cook meatpies and sour mayonnaise dip you need 23 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you do it.
The ingredients needed to make Meatpies and Sour mayonnaise dip:
- Use 250 g of flour.
- Prepare 100 g of cubed cold butter (not too hard).
- Take 1 1/2 tsp of brown sugar (very optional).
- You need 1/4 tsp of baking powder.
- Prepare 1/8 cup of very cold water.
- You need 2 of eggs (one for the dough and one as eggwash).
- Take of Sauce Thickener or Roux.
- Get 2 Tbsp of butter.
- Get 2 Tbsp of flour.
- Take of Pie Filling.
- Use 200 g of minced beef.
- Use 1 Tbsp of vegetable oil.
- Use of Fresh chillies (i.e. habañero/kambuzi chili pepper).
- Take 1 of chopped white onion.
- Prepare 1 of cubed carrot.
- Provide 1 of golden potato cubed.
- Prepare 1 of chopped green bell pepper.
- Get 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Get 1/2 tsp of mild Rajah curry powder.
- Use 1 tsp of coriander powder.
- Get 1/2 cup of Water.
- You need to taste of Salt.
- Take of Sour mayonnaise dip.
Instructions to make Meatpies and Sour mayonnaise dip:
- Begin by making the ROUX: Heat butter in a saucepan. As is melts and starts bubbling, add the flour and stir continuously until lightly browned. Set aside to cool.
- To make the FILLING: Heat up oil on medium and sautee the onions until fragrant and soft. Stir in the chilli peppers.
- Add the beef and break up huge lumps of mince as it cooks. Add seasoning, close lid and cook until no longer pink (5 to 10minutes).
- Add carrots, green bell peppers, and carrots, stir to incorporate followed by water. Simmer for a few more minutes before stirring in the roux to thicken the sauce. Set aside to cool.
- While the filling cools, make the PASTRY: Thoroughly mix the flour, sugar, and baking powder. Then cube your soft cold butter and rub it into the flour mixture until crumbly resembling bread crumbs.
- Make a well in the crumbly mixture and pour one beaten egg into it. Mix it in but not too long.
- Add cold water to the dough and form into a ball (seal with a handful of flour if the mixture feels too wet). Wrap the ball in cling firm and refrigerate for 30minutes to let come together.
- While assembling the pies to your preferred shapes, preheat the oven to 180°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once all pies are assembled, beat the other egg with a teaspoon of water and use it to brush the tops of the pies before baking.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- To make the SOUR MAYONNAISE DIP: Follow my other recipe https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/13964541-sour-mayonnaise-dip?invite_token=PCbraJ7MESuA81hDrDYoQ15F&shared_at=1604259133.
- Enjoy warm or cold with a dipping sauce of your choice or any salsa.
If you find this Meatpies and Sour mayonnaise dip recipe helpful please share it to your friends or family, thank you and good luck.