Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Thai Coconut Chicken Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Thai Coconut Chicken Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Choosing to eat healthily offers many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. Poor diet is one factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can place a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to lead a more healthy way of living and still it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to how they live. Contrary to that information, people can alter their eating habits for the better by making a couple of simple changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food because you most probably choose a lot of items out of habit. For instance, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One wholesome substitute that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. By putting in fresh fruit, you can improve the flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a healthy change to your diet.
As you can see, it’s not at all difficult to begin integrating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to thai coconut chicken curry recipe. You can cook thai coconut chicken curry using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Thai Coconut Chicken Curry:
- Take of Large handful of cilantro, stems or roots only.
- Use 4 knobs of fresh turmeric, skin peeled.
- Get 7 cloves of Garlic, skin peeled.
- You need 1 of large piece of ginger, skin peeled and cut into large knobs.
- Provide 3 of Shallots, skin peeled and sliced in half.
- Provide 2 stalks of Lemongrass, skin peeled and cut into short pieces.
- Provide 5 of Thai green chilies.
- Prepare 4 of Serrano chilies, deseeded and split lengthwise.
- Get 3 of boneless chicken thighs (skin on).
- Take of Salt and pepper.
- Get 1 tablespoon of neutral oil.
- Use 1/4 cup of curry paste.
- Take 1 1/4 of cup(ish) coconut milk.
- Use 1 cup of broccoli tops.
- You need 1/2 cup of sugar snap peas.
- You need Handful of Basil.
- You need Squeeze of lime juice.
- Provide of Coconut sugar (regular sugar works fine as well).
Steps to make Thai Coconut Chicken Curry:
- The night before, salt and pepper your chicken thighs and leave it in the fridge overnight. This dries out the chicken skin and will help create a delicious crispy chicken skin..
- In a food processor, add in the cilantro, turmeric, garlic, ginger, shallots, lemongrass, and serrano chilies. Blend into a fine paste..
- Next, give it a taste to see if you like the spicy flavor. Then add in as many or as little green thai chilies that you’d like. I choose 5 for a nice balance spicy curry paste..
- In a large skillet, cook the thighs skin side down on medium heat. Don't worry about cooking it all the way through. You really just want some nice golden brown color..
- Next, add in your curry paste and fry until super fragrant and the moisture has been fried off as well!.
- Add in a pinch of salt and pour in 1/2 cup of coconut milk and cook until the oil separates from the curry paste. Next, add in about 2 tablespoons of water just to thin it out and cook for just a couple of minutes..
- Add in coconut sugar to desired sweetness.
- Add in your broccoli tops, sugar snap peas, and diced crispy chicken. Cook for 5 minutes or until you veggies are tender NOT mushy and the chicken has been cooked through..
- Lastly, add in your basil and a squeeze of lime. Serve over rice and enjoy!.
If you find this Thai Coconut Chicken Curry recipe useful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.