Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for recipes idea to cook today, look no further! We provide you only the best Tangra Maacher Jhaal (Bengali Style Cat Fish Curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Tangra Maacher Jhaal (Bengali Style Cat Fish Curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Day-To-Day Life.
Healthy eating is today a good deal more popular than in the past and rightfully so. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who are suffering from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly linked to poor eating habits. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that a lot of people feel it will take lots of effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to the way they live. In reality, however, just making some minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can make similar modifications with the oils that you use for cooking your food. Olive oil is a monounsaturated fat which can help to fight bad cholesterol. It also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you presently eat lots of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of eating crops that may have been sprayed with harmful pesticides. Looking for a local supplier of fresh produce will give you the option of eating foods that still have virtually all of the nutrients which are often lost when produce has been kept in storage before selling it.
Hence, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to tangra maacher jhaal (bengali style cat fish curry) recipe. To cook tangra maacher jhaal (bengali style cat fish curry) you only need 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Tangra Maacher Jhaal (Bengali Style Cat Fish Curry):
- Get 250 of gms. Tangra Fish (Cat Fish), cleaned & rinsed.
- Provide to taste of salt.
- Get 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Provide 1/2 tsp. of kalonji (nigella seeds).
- Take 1-2 of green chilies, slit.
- Provide 1 of onion, chopped.
- Use 1 tsp. of ginger-garlic paste.
- You need 1 tsp. of coriander-cumin powder.
- Get 1 tsp. of red chilli powder.
- You need 1 tsp. of coriander leaves, chopped.
Steps to make Tangra Maacher Jhaal (Bengali Style Cat Fish Curry):
- Marinate the fish with a pinch of salt and turmeric powder for 10-15 minutes. Heat oil in a pan and fry them till light golden in colour. Drain and keep aside..
- Temper the same oil with kalonji and green chilies. Add the onion and saute till light brown. Now add the ginger-garlic paste and all the dry spices mixed with a little water..
- Fry on a low flame till the oil separates. Add 1 1/2 cups water and bring it to a boil. Gently drop in the fried fish pieces and simmer for 2-3 minutes or till you get the desired consistency..
- When done, add the coriander leaves and relish along with plain steamed rice..
If you find this Tangra Maacher Jhaal (Bengali Style Cat Fish Curry) recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.