Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Thing To Follow.
Opting to eat healthily has great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with diseases such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being encouraged to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, a lot of people assume that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can modify their eating habits for the better by making a few modest changes.
Initially, you will need to be extremely careful when food shopping that you don’t unthinkingly put things in your cart that you no longer want to eat. For example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever look to see what the sugar and salt content is before buying? Having a bowl of oatmeal will supply you with the energy to face the day while protecting your heart at the same time. By putting in fresh fruit, you can give your oatmeal a better flavor and, before you know it, you will have made a positive change to your diet.
Hence, it should be fairly obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to ham and garbanzo bean soup recipe. To cook ham and garbanzo bean soup you only need 14 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup:
- Prepare 4 leaves of bay leaf.
- Get 1/4 cup of parsley.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro.
- You need 1/4 cup of rendered pork fat pieces caramelized.
- Use 1-1/2 cup of diced smoked ham.
- Use 1 of large onion diced.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of granulated garlic powder.
- Take 6 cups of water.
- Prepare 6 cups of water for soaking.
- Use 12 ounces of dried Garbanzo beans.
- Provide 2 tablespoons of saffron flowers not the stems.
- Take 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 2 of large limes.
Instructions to make Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup:
- Render the fat from some pork pieces pour the drippings aside for another recipe..
- Wash and look over the beans boil in 6 cups of water for 5-7 minutes. Turn off heat and soak for an hour. Drain..
- Add 6 cups of water to the beans with the caramelized pork fat pieces some of this has a lot of meat on it. Bring to a boil in the same pot you rendered the pork fat it should have pork bits in bottom. Deglaze with the water..
- Bring to a boil add the bay leaves, parsley, cilantro, onions, saffron flowers, and ham. When it boil turn on low cover and simmer for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes add the salt, white pepper powder, and ground cumin. Cover and simmer longer..
- After 1 hour add the juices of 1 lime.
- Add soup to a bowl, slice the second lime for a good squeeze of juice. I hope you enjoy!!.
If you find this Ham and Garbanzo Bean Soup recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.