Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, looking for the perfect Butter Chickpea Curry recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Butter Chickpea Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Butter Chickpea Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Healthy eating is now much more popular than before and rightfully so. Poor diet is a leading factor in health problems such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Although we’re always being counseled to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. Most likely, most people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their way of life. In reality, though, merely making some small changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These types of changes are easy to accomplish with all types of foods and can apply to the oils you cook in and the spread you use on bread. Olive oil has monounsaturated fat which can help to lower bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also terrific for your skin. It could be that you already think that you consume fruit and vegetables but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you buy these. Organic foods are a superb alternative and will reduce any possible exposure to deadly chemicals. Searching for a local supplier of fresh fruits and veggies will give you the option of consuming foods that still have almost all of the nutrients which are usually lost when produce has been kept in storage before it is sold.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to butter chickpea curry recipe. To cook butter chickpea curry you need 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to make Butter Chickpea Curry:
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of butter, divided.
- Use 1 of large onion, finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced or presses.
- You need 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger.
- Use 2 tablespoons of garam masala powder (a little less if you use the paste).
- Take 2 teaspoons of mild curry powder.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (adjust to taste).
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
- Prepare 170 g of tomato paste.
- Take 1 can (400 g) of diced tomatoes.
- Get 1 can (400 g) of full fat coconut milk.
- Take 3 cans (440 g) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed.
- You need 1 tablespoon of cornstarch.
- Prepare 4 tablespoons of heavy cream.
- Prepare of Chopped cilantro or parsley as garnish.
Instructions to make Butter Chickpea Curry:
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onions, a pinch of salt and sauté for about 5 minutes, until translucent, stirring once in a while..
- Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute, until fragrant. Add ginger and all the spices and sauté for 30 seconds, until fragrant. Add tomato paste and give a good stir..
- Add the can of diced tomatoes, fill the can 3/4 full with water and add to the pan..
- Bring to a low simmer, cover and cook for 10 minutes, stirring every now and then. Remove from the heat, add coconut milk. Transfer to a pot and purée with an immersion blender until smooth and creamy..
- Return the pot to heat, add chickpeas and give a good stir. Cover and gently simmer for about 20-25 minutes, stirring every now and then..
- In a small bowl whisk cornstarch and (cold) heavy cream. (If the cornstarch doesn’t dissolve well, add a tiny bit of cold water). Add the slurry and the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and simmer for further 5 minutes stirring carefully, until the sauce starts to thicken..
- Take a taste and adjust seasoning as needed. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro or parsley and serve with rice and/or boiled potatoes..
If you find this Butter Chickpea Curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.