Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the best Kongunad chicken curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kongunad chicken curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Opting to eat healthily provides many benefits and is becoming a more popular way of living. Poor diet is a leading factor in diseases such as heart disease and high blood pressure which can put a drain on the economy. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to follow a healthier lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically think that healthy diets call for a great deal of work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. It is possible, though, to make several minor changes that can start to make a difference to our daily eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for instance, contain monounsaturated fats which are essentially good fats that battle the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil is also a good source of Vitamin E which has many benefits and is also great for your skin. It may be that you already think that you consume fruit and veggies but it can be worthwhile considering how fresh these are depending on where you get these. If at all possible, try to buy organic produce that has not been sprayed with harmful pesticides. You can ensure that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can locate a local supplier because you will be able to purchase the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Thus, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all hard to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to kongunad chicken curry recipe. To cook kongunad chicken curry you need 22 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to cook Kongunad chicken curry:
- Get 1 kg of Chicken with bones -.
- Use 1 of Onion – (finely chopped).
- Take 2 of Tomato – (medium sized).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Ginger garlic paste -.
- Provide 1 spring of Curry leaves -.
- Take 1 tbsp of Coriander leaves- chopped.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of Salt -.
- Get 1 tsp of Turmeric powder -.
- Use 3 tbsp of Oil -.
- Prepare of To saute and grind:.
- Use 6 of Shallot onions-.
- Get 6 of Red chilli -.
- Get 1 tsp of Black pepper -.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Poppy seeds -.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Cumin seeds -.
- Get 1 tbsp of Coconut – (grated).
- You need 2 tsp of Coriander powder -.
- Use of For tempering:.
- Prepare of Cinnamon – 1" piece.
- Get 1/2 tsp of Fennel seeds -.
- Provide Cloves of 3-4.
- Take 1/2 tsp of Mustard seeds -.
Steps to make Kongunad chicken curry:
- Cut and clean the chicken to bite sized pieces and add 1 tsp ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, 1/2 tsp salt and mix well..
- Meanwhile in a teaspoon oil, saute the given ingredients under saute and grind except coriander powder for a couple of minutes and put off the heat. Now add coriander powder and mix well. Let it cool down and grind to a fine paste..
- Heat a pan with oil and do the tempering. Saute onion, curry leaves and add the remaining Ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute..
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till mushy..
- Add the marinated chicken and cook for 5 mins in medium flame by stirring in between..
- Add the ground paste and mix well. Add salt and 2 cups of water. Cook covered in medium flame..
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rice, chapathi, idly, dosa etc.,.
If you find this Kongunad chicken curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.