Hello everybody, welcome to my recipe site, looking for the perfect Pea Soup recipe? look no further! We provide you only the best Pea Soup recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Pea Soup recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
Healthy eating is now a lot more popular than it used to be and rightfully so. Poor diet is a contributing factor in diseases such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. While we’re always being encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to rely on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. People typically assume that healthy diets demand much work and will significantly change the way they live and eat. In reality, however, merely making a couple of minor changes can positively impact day-to-day eating habits.
These more wholesome food choices can be applied to other foods such as your cooking oils. Olive oil, for example, contain monounsaturated fats which are basically good fats that combat the effects of bad cholesterol. Olive oil also is a good source of vitamin E which is great for your skin, among other things. If you currently are eating a lot of fresh fruits and leafy greens, you may want to think about where you’re buying them and if it’s the best source. If you decide to eat organic foods, you can avoid the problem of ingesting crops that may have been sprayed with toxic pesticides. You can be certain that you’re getting the most nutritional benefits from your fresh produce if you can find a local supplier because you will be able to get the fruit when it is the freshest and ripest.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not at all difficult to add healthy eating to your life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to pea soup recipe. To make pea soup you only need 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to cook Pea Soup:
- Take 1 lb of Dried Split Peas.
- Get 2 of quartz water.
- Provide 1.5 lb of ham steak; diced.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 Package (2 links) of Eckrich skinless smoked sausage; halved & chopped.
- You need 2 Stalks of Celery; peeled & chopped.
- Use 3 of Carrots; peeled & chopped.
- Take 1/2 bag of golden baby potatoes; quartered.
- Get 2 of yellow onions; diced.
Instructions to make Pea Soup:
- In a large dutch oven add peas and 2qts water.
- Simmer for 2 min, turn off heat, cover and let soak for 1 hour (or soak peas overnight).
- Add ham, onion, salt and pepper.
- Cover, bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and simmer covered, gently, for 90 minutes; stir often.
- Add sausage, celery, carrots, and potatoes.
- Cover and simmer gently for 30 min, or until potatoes are tender; stir often.
If you find this Pea Soup recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.