Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, looking for the perfect Green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry) recipe? look no further! We provide you only the perfect Green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Make Healthy Eating A Part of Your Life.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are a number of reasons for this. Poor diet is a leading factor in health conditions such as heart disease and hypertension which can put a drain on the economy. Even though we’re constantly being counseled to follow healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not beneficial for us. It is likely that many people feel it will take so much effort to eat a healthy diet or that they have to make a large scale change to their way of life. Contrary to that information, people can modify their eating habits for the better by carrying out several simple changes.
To see results, it is definitely not a requirement to drastically modify your eating habits. It’s not a bad idea if you wish to make major changes, but the most crucial thing is to gradually switch to making healthier eating choices. Eventually, you will see that you actually prefer to ingest healthy foods after you have eaten that way for a while. As you continue your habit of eating healthier foods, you will discover that you will not want to eat the old diet.
As you can see, it is easy to begin to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry) recipe. You can cook green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry) using 18 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
The ingredients needed to make Green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry):
- Use 1 cup of green gram.
- You need 1/2 of onion sliced.
- Take 2 of green chillies slit.
- Prepare 1 strand of curry leaves.
- Get to taste of Salt.
- You need of To grind:.
- Take 1 cup of grated coconut.
- Provide 2 tsp of coriander powder.
- Provide 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Use 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of water.
- You need of For seasoning:.
- You need 1-2 tbsp of oil (coconut oil).
- Get 1/2 tsp of mustard seeds.
- Provide 1/2 of onion cut into small pieces.
- You need 1 strand of curry leaves.
- Get 2 of red chillies.
Instructions to make Green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry):
- Ingredients pic:.
- Add green gram, sliced onion, slit green chillies, salt, 1/4 tspn of turmeric powder, 1/2 tspn of chilli powder and 1& 1/2 or 2 cup of water and cook till 1 whistle at medium flame.
- To grind: add grated coconut, chilli powder, turmeric powder and cumin to mixer bowl along with 1/2 cup of water as per the measures mentioned and grind to a paste and keep aside..
- Open the cooker after the steam is completely released and add coconut paste.. add water to adjust the consistency required..add salt as per taste and stir well and let boil for 5 to 10 min in low flame…
- For seasoning : take a seasoning vessel add 1-2tbspn oil and heat..Add mustard seeds and let it splutter.. Now add the othe ingredients I.e. onion, red chillies and curry leaves and saute till onions turn light brown in colour…
- Add the seasoning to the cooked green gram curry and stir…
- Green gram curry can be had with rice, chapatis or puttu (steam cake).
If you find this Green gram curry(kerala cherupayar curry) recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.