Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Kerala fish curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Kerala fish curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
Deciding to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is impacted by the number of people who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly related to poor eating habits. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to follow a more healthy lifestyle and yet it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is often bad for our health. Most likely, a lot of people think that it takes a great deal of work to eat healthily and that they will have to drastically alter their lifestyle. Contrary to that information, individuals can alter their eating habits for the better by making some small changes.
One initial thing you can do is to pay close attention to the choices you make when you’re shopping for food as you probably choose a lot of food items out of habit. As an example, if you have cereal for breakfast, do you ever stop to see what the sugar and salt content is before purchasing? A great healthy substitute can be porridge oats which have been found to be great for your heart and can give you good sustainable energy daily. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Thus, it should be somewhat obvious that it’s easy to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to kerala fish curry recipe. You can cook kerala fish curry using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
The ingredients needed to cook Kerala fish curry:
- Provide 2 of large white fish fillets (I used whiting you can also use cod, seabass or bream).
- Provide 6 of shallots.
- Use 2 of long red peppers.
- Provide 1 of thumb size ginger piece.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Get 1 of red chilli.
- Get 1 tsp of nigella seeds.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin seeds.
- Take 1 tbsp of chilli powder.
- Get 1 tsp of turmeric.
- Take 1 tsp of ground nut or sesame oil.
- Use 200 ml of coconut milk.
- Take 1 can of chopped tin tomatoes.
Steps to make Kerala fish curry:
- Finely chop the the shallots, peppers, chilli, garlic and ginger.
- In a hot pan toast the nigella and cumin seeds in the hot oil until they start to pop.
- Turn the heat down to medium and add the chopped vegetables. Sauté for 5mins.
- Make a paste by mixing the chilli powder and turmeric with a dash of water.
- Stir in the paste.
- Now stir in fish (cut in chunks). Mix in the tomatoes and coconut milk and simmer for 20mins to reduce..
- Serve with a chapatti, saag paneer and some chutney 😋.
If you find this Kerala fish curry recipe valuable please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.