Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe site, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Lal Saag (Red Spinach Curry – Bengali Style) recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Lal Saag (Red Spinach Curry – Bengali Style) recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be A Chore.
Making the decision to eat healthily provides great benefits and is becoming a more popular way of life. The overall economy is affected by the number of individuals who suffer from health conditions such as high blood pressure, which is directly associated with poor eating habits. There are more and more efforts to try to get people to adopt a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. In all probability, most people believe that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically alter their way of life. Contrary to that information, individuals can change their eating habits for the better by making some simple changes.
Initially, you will need to be very careful when food shopping that you don’t automatically put things in your cart that you no longer wish to eat. For example, did you ever think to check how much sugar and salt are in your preferred cereal? One healthy substitute that can give you a positive start to your day is oatmeal. If you’d rather not eat oatmeal on its own, you can easily mix in fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one modest change to your diet has been achieved.
Hence, it should be quite obvious that it’s not difficult to add healthy eating to your everyday life.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to lal saag (red spinach curry – bengali style) recipe. You can have lal saag (red spinach curry – bengali style) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to cook Lal Saag (Red Spinach Curry – Bengali Style):
- Get 2 bunches of Laal saag (red spinach), washed, rinsed & chopped fine.
- Use 2 tbsp. of mustard oil.
- Take 8-10 of bodis (dried lentil dumplings).
- Take 1 tsp. of kalonji (nigella seeds).
- Provide 1-2 of green chilies, slit.
- Take 1 of onion, chopped.
- Get 3-4 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare to taste of salt.
- Take 1/2 tsp. of turmeric powder.
Steps to make Lal Saag (Red Spinach Curry – Bengali Style):
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and saute the bodis till golden brown. Remove them and when cool, pulse them in the grinder (leaving few for garnishing). Keep aside..
- Temper the same oil with the kalonji and slit green chilies. Saute for a few seconds. Then add the garlic and saute till they change colour..
- Add the onion and continue to fry till light brown. Now add the chopped laal shaag, salt and turmeric powder. Stir fry on a low flame till dry..
- Just before serving, sprinkle the crushed bodis and serve along with steamed rice. They can also be had with chapattis..
If you find this Lal Saag (Red Spinach Curry – Bengali Style) recipe valuable please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.