Hey everyone, welcome to our recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dal Dhokli / Spicy Wheat Flour Sheets In Lentil Curry recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dal Dhokli / Spicy Wheat Flour Sheets In Lentil Curry recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Doesn’t Have To Be Difficult.
The benefits of healthy eating are these days being given more attention than ever before and there are many reasons for doing this. There are a number of illnesses related to a poor diet and there is a cost to the overall economy as people suffer from health problems such as heart disease and hypertension. There are more and more campaigns to try to get people to lead a more healthy lifestyle and all the same it is also easier than ever to rely on fast, convenient food that is not good for our health. People typically think that healthy diets call for much work and will significantly alter how they live and eat. In reality, though, simply making some minor changes can positively affect day-to-day eating habits.
You can see results without needing to remove foods from your diet or make substantial changes at once. If you would like to commit to a wholesale change, that is OK but the main thing at first is to try to make sure that you are making more healthy eating choices. As you get accustomed to the taste of these foods, you will see that you’re eating more healthily than you used to. As with many other habits, change takes place over a period of time and once a new way of eating becomes part of who you are, you are not going to feel the need to go back to your old diet.
Evidently, it’s not at all difficult to begin incorporating healthy eating into your daily routine.
We hope you got benefit from reading it, now let’s go back to dal dhokli / spicy wheat flour sheets in lentil curry recipe. You can have dal dhokli / spicy wheat flour sheets in lentil curry using 33 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dal Dhokli / Spicy Wheat Flour Sheets In Lentil Curry:
- Use For of Dhokli (Spicy Wheat Flour Sheets).
- Take 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- Prepare 2 tsp of oil.
- You need 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of turmeric powder haldi.
- You need 1/2 tsp of cumin powder.
- Take 1/4 tsp of asafoetida hing.
- Get As per taste of salt.
- Get 1 cup of water approx.
- Get As required of wheat flour for dusting.
- You need For of Dal:-.
- You need 1 cup of Mixed Dal (toor dal , arhar dal, split pigeon peas).
- You need 2 of tomatoes chopped.
- Get 1 inch of ginger grated.
- Get 5 cups of water or more if needed to adjust the consistency.
- You need 3 tbsp of jaggery or to taste.
- Use 1 tsp of red chilli powder.
- Use 1 tsp of pickle masala.
- Get 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder haldi.
- Prepare 2 tsp of coriander cumin powder dhaniya jeera powder.
- You need 2 tbsp of peanuts.
- You need 1 of lemon juice.
- Take 1 tbsp of ghee leave some for serving.
- You need For of tempering:-.
- Get 4 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of mustard seeds( rai).
- Get 1 tsp of cumin seeds( jeera).
- Use 4 of cloves.
- Provide 1 of cinnamon.
- Get 2 of red dry chillies.
- You need 1 tsp of pickle masala.
- Provide 12 of curry leaves.
- You need 1/4 of asafoetida( hing).
Instructions to make Dal Dhokli / Spicy Wheat Flour Sheets In Lentil Curry:
- For Dhokli (Spicy Wheat Flour Sheets) In a mixing bowl add whole wheat flour, oil, salt, asafoetida, turmeric powder and red chilli powder. Mix well with your finger tips. Now add water as needed and knead into a soft dough..
- Put little oil and again gently knead the dough. Cover and keep the dough aside till the dal is cooked or for 30 minutes..
- For Dal Wash and soak the toor dal/ arhar dal/split pigeon pea for 2 hours. Now after the dal is soaked well, put the dal in the pressure cooker pan and add chopped tomatoes and grated ginger. Put water around 2-3 cups to cook the dal. Close the pressure cooker with lid and pressure cook for 4-5 whistles on high heat and 2 whistles on low heat. Let the pressure cooker cook by itself..
- Once the pressure cooker is cooled, open the lid and blend the dal with the stick blender till smooth. Now put the blended dal in a big pot. Add around 5 -6 cups of water and add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander cumin powder, salt and pickle masala. Add peanuts in it..
- Add jaggery and mix well and put the dal to boil. The dal is boiling..
- Now prepare tadka (tempering). Heat oil in a small pan (vaghariyu). Add cloves and cinnamon. Add mustard seeds, cumin seeds. When they crackle add dry red chilli and curry leaves. Mix well. Add asafoetida and pickle masala. Mix well..
- Pour the tempering over the boiling dal. Mix well and let the dal boil. Now simmer and let the dal boil..
- Meanwhile while the dal is boiling make the dhokli. Make around 6 big balls from the dough. Take one ball on a board and flatten it and dust it with wheat flour..
- With the help of rolling pin, roll into a very thin big circle of around 12 inch diameter. With a help of sharp knife or pizza cutter, cut the circle in small diamonds as shown or you can cut into squares. Remove the cut wheat sheets into a plate and dust the flour on top of the sheets. Similarly make wheat sheets with remaining balls..
- Now put the cut diamonds into the boiling dal one by one. (the dal should be boiling otherwise the wheat sheets will stick with each other). Add all the wheat sheets and let the dal boil for around 8-10 minutes or till the wheat sheets rise on the top of the dal. (If necessary add more water). Add lemon juice and ghee and mix well. The dal dhokli is ready to serve..
- Serve the piping hot dal dhokli with ghee and enjoy it hot!!..
If you find this Dal Dhokli / Spicy Wheat Flour Sheets In Lentil Curry recipe helpful please share it to your good friends or family, thank you and good luck.