Hey everyone, welcome to my recipe page, If you’re looking for new recipes to try this weekend, look no further! We provide you only the perfect Dill leaves lentil curry | Suva-toordal bhaji | Sabsige soppina palya recipe here. We also have wide variety of recipes to try.
Before you jump to Dill leaves lentil curry | Suva-toordal bhaji | Sabsige soppina palya recipe, you may want to read this short interesting healthy tips about Healthy Eating Can Be An Easy Choice.
The benefits of healthy eating are nowadays being given more attention than ever before and there are good reasons for doing this. The overall economy is impacted by the number of men and women who are dealing with conditions such as hypertension, which is directly related to poor eating habits. Even though we’re always being encouraged to stick with healthy eating habits, it is also easier than ever to depend on fast food and other convenience items that are not healthy for us. In all likelihood, a lot of people think that it takes too much work to eat healthily and that they will need to drastically change their lifestyle. It is possible, however, to make a few small changes that can start to make a good impact on our everyday eating habits.
The first change you can make is to pay more attention to what you buy when you do your food shopping since it is likely that you have the tendency to pick up many of the things without thinking. For example, if you have a bowl of cereal for breakfast, do you ever check to see what the sugar and salt content is before getting it? One heart-healthy option that can give you a great start to your day is oatmeal. You don’t like eating oatmeal on its own, try adding fresh fruits that have other healthy nutrients and as such, one simple change to your diet has been achieved.
To sum up, it is easy to start to make healthy eating a regular part of your daily lifestyle.
We hope you got insight from reading it, now let’s go back to dill leaves lentil curry | suva-toordal bhaji | sabsige soppina palya recipe. suva-toordal bhaji Here is how you do that.
The ingredients needed to prepare Dill leaves lentil curry | Suva-toordal bhaji | Sabsige soppina palya:
- Take 1/2bunch of Dill leaves.
- Take 1/4 cup of Toor dal.
- You need 2 of Red chilli whole.
- Use 2-3 of Onion – small, finely chopped.
- Provide 10-12 cloves of Garlic.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of Turmeric powder.
- Provide 1/4 tsp of Garam masala.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Red chilli powder.
Steps to make Dill leaves lentil curry | Suva-toordal bhaji | Sabsige soppina palya:
- De-stalk dill leaves. Wash the dill leaves and toor dal well..
- Chop dill leaves roughly..
- Transfer chopped dill leaves and toor dal directly into a pressure cooker or into a container for cooking in the pressure cooker..
- Add 1 cup water. Pressure cook for 3-4 whistles. Allow to cool..
- In the meanwhile, peel the garlic. If cloves of garlic are big, slice them or use as is. Finely chop the onions..
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a wok. Add mustard & cumin seeds, asafoetida, garlic & ehole red chillies. Saute for a minute..
- When garlic turns golden, add the finely chopped onions. Saute for a minute..
- Add salt and saute until onions turn translucent..
- Open the pressure cooker. Drain the excess water. Keep the water aside to use later if the curry feels dry..
- Add the cooked dill leaves and toor dal to the sauteed onions..
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder and garam masala..
- Mix well and cook on med-low heat..
- Cook until the moisture is reduced. Turn off heat..
- I have served sabsige soppina palya with hot jolada rotti (jowar rotis), some aamras since mangoes are in season and sliced cucumbers with wedges of lemon for a wholesome North Karnataka meal for dinner. This curry pairs well with phulkas or chapatis too..
If you find this Dill leaves lentil curry | Suva-toordal bhaji | Sabsige soppina palya recipe helpful please share it to your close friends or family, thank you and good luck.